Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v7.5 ehancement understand

Hi,
    This is the only 2 new ehancement in v7.5 i don't understand.

Originally posted by yuri
    Enhancements & improvements:
    • Enum options re-use #2695
    • Entity Manager custom parameters #2718
    Can someone post a sample with "real fake sample" and when use it ?

enum options re-use is easy imagine you want to add an enum field called status to opportunity and you want the same values you have in the lead entity's status then you can create an enum field and link the options of it to the options of the lead's status enum field.

Entity Manager custom parameters would allow you to add a custom field to an entity manager of a specific entity.

Comment

Sound like we can't use the GUI for this? Or you haven't tried that?

I run into an upgrade error so just scrolling through forum instead.

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        the enum re-use is configurable on GUI when you create an enum field you will find a new parameter called (Options Reference) that is where you can select the source of the enum values.

Does that mean, that the options from one entity will be transferred to the options in a related entity for the field itself or would that mean, that if a user chooses in the front end option A in the referenced entity, it will be automatically be set in the entity that is referencing to the other entity?

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah just means that you can use same options from one enum field on different other enum fields on different entity. when values are saved in database they are not synched which means a value selected by the user on enum x (which is referenced from another enum y on a entity) the values will be saved according to the user selection (no link between the values of the two enum fields).

Honestly one thing i found needs adjusting is in case if you change the options reference then i think it would be wise to reset the values saved in db otherwise it will be a mess as the enum will be using different values.

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        tested it right now and as rabii says, it copies the enum values to another enum in another entity. Not any user choosen option.
    Working...
    X