Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing multi-tenancy in espocrm

Hi,

One of our customer needs to customize espocrm so that he can store multiple clients data in the same espo installation. So that he can avoid multiple hosting requirement and similar clients data can be collected using same api url. Single database where different clients data can be segregated using tenant ID

Has anyone tried the same and achieved this? Can you please share the experience and difficulties you have faced in achieving the goal ? Also let me know how further espo updates can be managed?​
    Last edited by nisamudeen97; 06-10-2023, 10:52 AM.

Hello, though in the moment I cannot contribute in form of a working example, I consider this question interesting enough to be discussed a bit in this forum. I myself provide that function in my app, without having any client so far, who would use it.
    Sure I already had my thoughts about the problems and obstacles it could cause in a working environment. This is not so much because of espoCRM. For the software as such I guess it will not be a problem. Which is more to be thought about is, how your customer will manage different clients. It would be a desaseter if suddenly one client would see the data of another, besides of all the mess, wrong design and mistaken use of the app could cause.
    As far as I know, there is no written approach so far for this kind of use scenario. In case you gonna start to realize it, I would appreciate you posting here your steps and progression. I think, when different people discuss this subject, there could be a benefit for all.
    I myself would be in into such discussion.

Comment

Espo is not suitable for true multi-tenancy as well as most of similar products as far as I know (even when they claim being multi-tenant the question is it a true multi-tenancy?).

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        In the era of containers, having having multiple databases, app instances and sub-domains is not a problem and shouldn't be a reason to try to implement a true multi-tenant app which would bring a lot more issues to solve.

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        Plus, just for information, our extension licenses are not compatible with multi-tenancy.

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        just wondering isn't the cloud version is a multi-tenant app ? i always thought that making espocrm multi-tenant will be not good hence it is like competing against the cloud version.
    Working...
    X