Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an external PHP lib in EspoCRM

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to implement a external PHP lib (https://packagist.org/packages/intervention/image) into my EspoCRM.
    I intend to use the lib in an entrypoint to resize images on demand.

I already tried multiple things without success
    - using composer with "composer require intervention/image" which broke my EspoCRM before I rolled back
    - Adding the source code of the lib in a specific folder "Vendor" in my custom extension. When I tried to `use` the `ImageManager`, an error were threw because it couldn't find the class.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,
    Firyo.

If you want to use it inside your extension i suggest you follow these steps, https://github.com/espocrm/ext-templ...r-in-extension

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
      If you want to use it inside your extension i suggest you follow these steps, https://github.com/espocrm/ext-templ...r-in-extension
      Thanks for your answer, I'll check this out,

Comment

Comment

Thanks for you answer, am I supposed to edit all the namespaces of all the php files in the lib I'm adding ?

Comment

1. Install composer somewhere in your extension repositor
            2. When building extension, copy the vendor folder to your extension src folder (e.g. src/custom/Espo/Modules/YourModule/vendor).
            3. Create the autoload.json with autoloading mapping for your extension (src/custom/Espo/Modules/YourModule/Resources/autoload.json). This autoloading mapping you need to copy from the composer.json, but paths should be fixed to correspond the actual path to vendor when the extension is installed.
            Last edited by yuri; 06-01-2023, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Here you have even video tutorial
              Hi, thanks for watching our video!In this tutorial we’ll walk you through:- How to create extension with EspoCRM ext template?- How to create composer.json w...

Comment

Hope you share your success, I want to do be able to do something similar. I want trim down some of my upload size so database and EspoCRM don't become a giant.

Right now I'm hesitating to upload PDF and just keep it on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
                  Hope you share your success, I want to do be able to do something similar. I want trim down some of my upload size so database and EspoCRM don't become a giant.

Right now I'm hesitating to upload PDF and just keep it on PC.
                  My current goal isn't to optimize my server or DB, just to reduce the loading time of the images I'm using on the public website linked to my EspoCRM.
                  Currently with the images at their original sizes the enduser have to download ~ 250Mb in ~ 35s (in WIFI) to have all the images loaded.

But yeah I'll share my results when I'll be done 👍

Comment

Ok, so after adding the lib into my composer.json (https://packagist.org/packages/intervention/image#2.7.2) a fatal error appear.

It seems that therequired in the lib in going into a conflict with the same lib used in Espo.

Am I stuck here or is there a solution ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	93338

Comment

You can ignore a specific dependency in your composer. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...omposer-config

Code:
                      "replace": {
                          "vendor/name": "*"
                      }​

Comment

I've made a different change after posting my answer.
                        I've changed the version of the lib. I'm now in 3.0 (3.0.0-alpha.5).

The PHP code in my custom entrypoint is like this now.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	223
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	93345

Comment

After testing the thing, I seems that some problems are coming.

I get this particular error when loading a lot of times the entrypoint (with differents ids) in my testing server.

Code:
                          [2023-06-06 19:39:19] ERROR: Uncaught Exception PDOException: "SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User {sql_username} already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections" at /home/user/espocrmFolder/application/Espo/ORM/PDO/MysqlPDOFactory.php line 73 {"exception":"[object] (PDOException(code: 1203): SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User {sql_username} already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at /home/user/espocrmFolder/application/Espo/ORM/PDO/MysqlPDOFactory.php:73)"}
                          ​
                          It's slower to load on my local server but I dont get this error even after loading multiples times the page that load the entrypoints.

Did someone ever encounter this problem with an entrypoint or a custom route ?

EDIT :
                          When going back to the default behavior (clone of Entrypoints/Attachment) the errror is gone but the images take much longer time to load.
                          Last edited by Firyo; 06-06-2023, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I get this error whenever I use CLI hard rebuild option, or anything major really. But this error got nothing related to your issue I believe.

Comment

I found a workarround for my case. I'll make the process of scaling down the image at the beforeSave of the "Document" entity.
                              This way the code that was throwing the error is executed in upsteam of the catalog viewing.

Comment

Working...
                              X