Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use one instance to connect and view data in another instance

Hi all,

Currently, I am reworking our existing CRM (version 7.2.7) using version 7.4. Our plan is not to migrate but to archive the existing instance and create a totally new instance. The only problem which we are cracking on is this:

(1) New entries will all go to the new instance.
    (2) Frequently, the users would have to log into the old instance and refer to previous data such as emails and cases.
    (3) This has to be done manually which is not palatable to the users.

The solution would be to provide the ability in the new instance to connect to the old and retrieve the info. I am not sure how it could be done. Any help would be helpful.​

It would be not trivial to implement such an ability. I suggest finding some another approach. Maybe export-import all data. There should be an extension released soon which helps migrating data between different instances.

Comment

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      yuri, wow thank you. When will it be released. That will help us so much. Does it also cover migrating user profiles? At the moment that is our biggest and sensitive task as we have between 80 to 120 users.

Hi murugappan,

​​Export Import extension is a tool for exporting and importing data in EspoCRM. It allows you to transfer files, settings and customizations between instances using commands launched in the CLI with a different set of parameters.​ Github repository: https://github.com/espocrm/ext-export-import Releases: https://github

Comment

Hi victor Thank you for the update. I checked it out, Wow that is helpful. Only thing is that i need the documentation on how to use it. I realized that there is an extension that i need to install. Question: Can use te extension for all releases or do i have to use specific version of the tool for specific version of espocrm.instance?

Update:
      I tested it works fine and i exported the users from Instance "A". The problem is see is that it exports the ID field as well. Will there be a problem if i import it into another instance of "A". Another problem is see is that it seems to export all the users. How do i import only specific users?
      Last edited by murugappan; 06-10-2023, 02:25 PM.

Comment

The problem is see is that it exports the ID field as well. Will there be a problem if i import it into another instance of "A".
        It should not, but you should be careful only with the admin user who has id 1.

Another problem is see is that it seems to export all the users. How do i import only specific users?
        You can import only users whose profile has the Active option enabled: https://github.com/espocrm/ext-expor...-active-status

Comment

Hi victor

It should not, but you should be careful only with the admin user who has id 1.​
          Ok , i will rest again.

You can import only users whose profile has the Active option enabled: https://github.com/espocrm/ext-expor...-active-status
          I understand this one but that is not what i am aiming for. Please allow me to explain. In instance A i have ten users. In instance B i have 5 user and now i want to import 4 users from instance A into B. In this case i wish to import by the User Name. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by murugappan View Post
            Hi victor

Ok , i will rest again.

I understand this one but that is not what i am aiming for. Please allow me to explain. In instance A i have ten users. In instance B i have 5 user and now i want to import 4 users from instance A into B. In this case i wish to import by the User Name. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.
            Not now, maybe in the future, but now you can mark 4 Users in instance A as Active (through the UI) -> export from it with the --user-active option -> and only then import into instance B also from with the --user-active option. In the end, in instance B you will have 4+5 = 9 Users.

Comment

• murugappan
              murugappan commented
              Editing a comment
              victor thank you for the help. Marking the the ones needed as "active" and rest "inactive" is the solution. I need to address the need to create another instance of A and then use that instance. This is because i cannot deactivate users in a production environment.
          Working...
          X