New view, not tied to an entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New view, not tied to an entity

We want to create a new view, accessible from the top menus.

It's not tied to any entity, or database entries or anything, it's literally just a view that holds an iFrame, which will show data from another site we use.

I've successfully added new entities using the Entity and Layout manager previously, but I'm not sure how to start when it's literally just a standalone page

Hi BattleMetalChris,

You can easily add iFrame dashlet to the dashboard:
    In order to work efficiently and be more productive, one has to organize his workspace in a proper way. Luckily, there is a great way to do it by using dashlets, that help you to stay always informed, missing nothing important.

Configuring EspoCRM’s dashboard and adding new dashlets is fast and easy. If you cannot believe it, then start watching a video tutorial below. In this video tutorial: Learn how to get quick access to necessary data and customize your dashboard, add new tabs and dashlets, resize and rearrange thei...

Comment

That's fantastic, thanks - I laughed at how easy it was to create

Now, is there a way to add it to the navbar rather than having to go to the dashboard to see it?

I can easily now create the iFrame I need as a dashlet and add it to the dashboard - I can see in the Administration->User Interface that I can add items to the tab list in the navbar, many of which are the same as the items that are available to add to the dashboard. But no option to add a new iFrame, like I can with the dashboard.

Comment

Hi,
        search on github : about

client/src/controllers/about.js​
        client/src/views/about.js
        client/res/templates/about.tpl

​
        so i imagine you will a view like this, just replicate this and add your iframe in about.tpl.. but i don't know how add a new entry in navbar.
        maybe !

Comment

Hi,

I think this thread can help

Step 1 - Create a custom scope, for example "MyPage" that can be displayed as an option in the navigation menu. custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes/MyPage.json { "entity": false, "tab": true, "acl": "true", "aclPortal": true, "aclPortalLevelList&quo

If you find the information helpful, please correspond by posting your solution once you have implemented it, so other participants can learn.

Comment

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
            Hi,

I think this thread can help

Step 1 - Create a custom scope, for example "MyPage" that can be displayed as an option in the navigation menu. custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes/MyPage.json { "entity": false, "tab": true, "acl": "true", "aclPortal": true, "aclPortalLevelList&quo

If you find the information helpful, please correspond by posting your solution once you have implemented it, so other participants can learn.
            Thanks for that

However, how do I add it to the Navbar?

I added the files, and cleared cache & rebuilt from the Admin menu - my scope is working, because if I go to the Label Manager, 'MyPage' now appears under scopeNames.

Comment

Go to Administration > User Interface and add the scope "MyPage" to the "Tab List"

Comment

It's not in the list of items to add. It's definitely been included in the rebuild though, as it appears in the label manager.

I checked 'tab' is set to true in the scope definition json.

Comment

Wooo sorted it!

I found your other thread here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...vbar-menu-item

I found it needed a metadata entry in order to work, otherwise it would give a 404. I also ran into the issue which someone else in that thread had, which was that the new item's access was set to 'Denied' for the admin account, with no obvious way to amend its access, and that was preventing it from appearing as a choice in the tab list, in the UI config screen. I tried their solution of setting "acl": "boolean" in the scope definition, and that worked.

Comment

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope you share result

One extra thing - how do I get the scope to appear in scopeNamesPlural? It appears in scopeNames.

The label appears in the Navbar, but it isn't being translated. Looking at how navbar.js created the items, it uses the plural name for the label, but I can't set that in the Label Manager.

Comment

Scope Names and Scope Names Plural are translated in the i18 language folders under Global.json.

If your default language is American English, create, if not already created by the Entity Manager Admin GUI, a file at custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/i18n/en_US/Global.json and specify there the translated labels.

For reference see the file: application/Espo/Resources/i18n/en_US/Global.json

Espo's customization abilities using the GUI are some of the best that I have seen, but inherently limited, as any other "application generator" would be.

For many Users, using the GUI Customization features, along with formula and the Advanced Pack automation features, will yield very satisfactory results.

But if you are looking for further customization, my suggestion is to use the GUI as starting point and then look at the code base for examples on how to write code to implement your ideas.
                    Last edited by telecastg; 05-11-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X