Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dateStartDate in entity type "event" - how is it used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dateStartDate in entity type "event" - how is it used?

Hi,

When I create a an Event entity, i notice a field called "dateStartDate​" but i am unable to use it? Why is it there? How do i used it?

Additionally, the reminder function is only available when we use the event type. I have seen post by Maximus on how to customize but I would not prefer to do this to avoid complication due to version upgrades (especially 7.4). Is there any other way available?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi murugappan,

The dateStartDate and dateEndDate fields are automatically populated when you select a duration for your event, such as All-Day.
    In fact, there is no point in displaying them on the record layout and somehow influencing them in a special way.

Comment

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      lazovic Thank you for the update. I understand now. What about my question on the reminder function? Any advise, pls?

murugappan,

the reminder function is only available when we use the event type
    If we are talking about the Reminders marked on the screenshot 1, then they are available only for entities with the Event type. For entities with a different type, you can use the Notificatoins function, which are created using Workflow (as showing in the screenshot 2).
    Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to use the dateStartDate field! The problem is I have a feeling that it might be bugged or it just me: See my thread with this error below:

If I see more of this error with other people who used Event entity and have this same issue then it just not me that facing this problem.

Maybe we can use this thread to discuss v7.4 in general. And if anyone can help solve my issue as well! Recently ran into a bug in v7.4, my PDF template have not change. Tried with both engine so it is an issue with both PDF engine. The issue here is that, I don't even use the field in my PDF template but look like it still

Comment

• murugappan
        murugappan commented
        Editing a comment
        In my case, i could not use the field in the layouts at all.
    Working...
    X