Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom view : Mandatory to fetch every time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom view : Mandatory to fetch every time ?

Hi there,

I'm currently editing a custom view of a field named "reference" located in the entity "Ticket".
    In the custom view I check if my entity "Ticket" is linked to an other entity named "Distributor".

If the ticket is linked to a distributor, the goal is to get the value of the field named "color" localed in the distributor.

The problem is that I don't want to make X fetches by unique distributor (which is the current case now).

Is there any way to avoid making an absurd amount of AJAX calls for this particular case ?

King regards,
    Firyo.

Hi Firyo,

If it's many-to-one or one-to-one you can use a foreign field get directly access the color. You can create it via Administration > Entity Manager.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Where can I create the foreign field in the entity manager ?
      I tried in the relations or the field "color" itself but haven't found anything.

Comment

If you have a relationship between the Ticket and distributor as (Many Tickets Belongs to Distributor) then you can just go to Administration > Entity Manager > Ticket > Fields and click on Add Field and choose (Foreign) then you will directed to a page where you can configure the new foreign field. Give it a name then in the Link option select Distributor and then on the field option Select Color.

That will generate a field that has the color value on the Ticket if it is linked to a Distributor who has a color.

read this https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ds/#foreign​
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi rabii,

Thanks for the help, It's all clear now.
          It's the first time I ever heard about this type of field (even if I started working with Espo since like a year).

Comment

Working...
          X