Hook Class Name Uniqueness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook Class Name Uniqueness

I have written a few Hooks and came across something which may be by design or a bug, I'm not sure.

I have 2 hooks in 2 separate Modules

Modules\Module1\Hooks\Account\AccountHooks.php with a beforeSave
    Modules\Module2\Hooks\Account\AccountHooks.php with a beforeSave

When the hooks.php cache is built only one of the 2 hooks appears. If I rename the file and content of Module 2 to AccountHooks2.php then the hook is correctly generated in the cache.

So... it appears that the class name of the hook for a given hook type must be unique in order to get cached properly.

My general naming convention was to call hook files {entityType}\ {entityName}Hooks.php, but I have now found that a couple of hooks are clashing.

Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks

It's by design, how it was implemented 10 years ago and can't be easily changed as it would be a breaking change.

Comment

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      is it fine to have many hooks for one entity ? is that a good way to do it or should some of the logic be written somewhere else like in entity? i just would love to keep my code as clean as possible and also want to keep it consist with espocrm coding style.

• item
      item commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Rabii,
      of course Yuri have the best response ..

i have just looked :
      EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

so there are 2 afterSave in 2 different file... so i think, it's too for maintain/debug easyly.
      If no WebSocketSubmit, then look/debug the file WebSocketSubmit
      I have learned one think more today

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks item i have a heavy usage of hooks in my app so i refactored most of the hooks logic into the entity class and just wanted to confirm if that was the right decision.

Thanks Yuri.

Comment

Working...
    X