Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert currency value to negative

Hi Guys,

i need some help, i have a currency field called stockPrice i want to customise this field so that it will be able to convert its value from positive to negative, e.g if i type in 10000 after saving it should be converted to negative value -10000 OR if possible to make this field always initiated with negative minus sign (-) by default.

i know i can type in -10000 in the field and it will consider it as negative but i don’t like to type - every time.

any help please

thanks

you could create another field (textfield), where you concatenate the minus symbol with the currency value by formula. Thoug, you will not be able to further calculate with that field. If that would be necessary, I think, you could calculate with the original currency field. Another caveat then could be, if the currency field changes to positive value. In that case you would need another formula ifThen, which would tell the concatenate field, when to use a plus or a minus.
    I did not test this, but I am quite sure you could do it that way.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Such workaround would cost me more hence i am doing more calculations with the currency field. I am looking to see if there is any html attribute i could use in a custom template to pre-append the minus (-) sign to the currency field but couldn’t find anything yet.

hey yuri is there is workaround to always initiate a value of currency field as negative preappend (-) as default to the currency value field ?

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X