Need cloud workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cloud workaround

I need to show a letter grade but store it's corresponding numerical value. I don't have access to the database and was thinking I could solve this by creating another r/o field that stores the numerical value. That way I can export to Power BI and do the client graphs the way they need them.

No sure if there is a name to the stored value (not the label value) I can use.

Any ideas on the formula or another way to do it so the List View export gives me just the numbers in one of the columns?

Here is what I have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	list view grades.png
Views:	320
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	71421Click image for larger version

Name:	grade drop down.png
Views:	232
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	71422

Seem like what you posted is a good solution already.

I guess one other way is to create a "read only field" that use formula and "if" statement to give it corresponding Grade value, but you have to chain quite many if statement though. Example formula (that does not work, just proof of idea):

field2 = if(field1="A",0.3)

Comment

ok thanks for confirming espcrm I ended up exporting to PowerBI and teaching the client how to just update the table to create the charts for each students - works really well - Espo might consider a PBI connector if the charts are not planning to be updated

Comment

Working...
      X