Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the layout for knowledge base category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the layout for knowledge base category?

There is no Knowledge Base Categories in my Layout Manager like there is for Product Categories, should there be?

I want to remove Teams and add Name so the user can search by Name

Click image for larger version

Name:	kb category.png
Views:	435
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	62129

There should be, otherwise just add/use this URL:

/#Admin/layouts/scope=KnowledgeBaseArticle&type=filters
    Last edited by espcrm; 09-02-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• crmclients
      crmclients commented
      Editing a comment
      that's for KB Articles, I need KB --Categories--, maybe it got missed and needs to be added?

Hmm not sure where you are referring to then, can you post instruction to opening that menu or location? Or link to it from demo CRM?

demo.espocrm.com/
    Last edited by espcrm; 09-02-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• crmclients
      crmclients commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the link, good idea, I will try to use in future questions. When you go here https://demo.espocrm.com/?lang=en_US#Admin/layouts
      You can see there is no "Knowledge Base Categories" so you cannot alter the Search Filter. For some reason in the default setup the official CRM hosting plan, you only get what was in my screenshot above, Referring and Team. Roma's link got me to what I needed to fix it.
      Notice there is one for Product Categories.

Maybe this needs need to be updated in the next version/or jest in the hosting plan https://www.espocrm.com/cloud ?

Hi,
    try adding this one - /#Admin/layouts/scope=KnowledgeBaseCategory&type=filters

Comment

• crmclients
      crmclients commented
      Editing a comment
      That was it! Thanks Roma your link allowed me to also add Search by Name which is more important than the default

After looking at that link I'm still not sure where this popup is relevant to, is there a hidden feature I'm not aware or not using at all.

I know the Category is that left hand side menu, but where Search function for that

Comment

It's missing, needs to be added in the next version so you can control what options the user has to search. Roma's link allows you to do that, you just don't see it expand in layut because the layout doesn't exist for Knowledge Base Category

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing kb category in layout.png
Views:	425
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	62360
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, it make sense now. It a Product related item. Which is a Paid extension which I don't have. "Cloud" or EspoCRM hosted version included these Extension as standard.

All clear now.

Comment

• crmclients
          crmclients commented
          Editing a comment
          No No it's not product related...... I just used it as an example that Category for Product has layout options however Category for Knowledge Base DOES NOT have layout option....see?

Homework: Change the search options for KB Categories...like my screen shot in my original post, do you need to or do you have more options? can you change them in your instance?

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          (Hopefully I'm right here)
          Funny, I finally understand what you mean now after scratching my head. I used "Tree View" and never notice it since it is the default view.

Basically it is this page: /#KnowledgeBaseCategory

The filter/search will show up if you choose List view (or can be access with this link: /#KnowledgeBaseCategory/list/

Adding this one also as I find the need to update the Small Detail View
        /#Admin/layouts/scope=KnowledgeBaseCategory&type=detailSmall

Comment

Working...
        X