Contact field on new record is not blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact field on new record is not blank

I created a simple Base Entity with a date and Contact filed. Works excepts when I click "new entry" the Contact field is already filled with the user I am logged in as and I need it to be blank.
    I don't see a way to default blank or empty, any ideas?

It's a one to many, Contact to LogEntry.

Update: This is only a problem for a Portal User. Regular and Admin, a blank record is presented just fine. Maybe I can clear the field using formula?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crmclients; 08-28-2020, 11:59 PM.

Hi, I think, this is an enum field? right? Then you could insert there one empty option (just don`t type anything and hit return). Put this option on top and declare it default.

Comment

I was hoping for that too but it doens't allow me to do that...and I didn't want to default it to a person named "Select Here" LOL
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I see, this is a relationship field. My suggestion works only in enum field, where you are able to put in your own values.

Comment

Except all the values are all the Contacts already entered. Maybe there is a formula that can clear the field when the record is created?

Comment

Who is Bart the Contact in this case? What do the portal user select in here?

Is it who they want to Contact or send the "Message" to?

If you don't want them to use it at all, I guess you can just hide the field from the user.

Comment

I didn't check how EspoCRM save information in about person which created record from portal, but if EspoCRM save portal user in field CreatedBy, then you could create formula or hook which will take information from CreatedById to ContactId. Than after you save new record, EspoCRM will copy this information and fill Contact field with same id.

Comment

I have another idea, does your portal user have access to Contacts entity through portal?
                Because i think i have similar issue in one of my clients EspoCRM. After few checks i found out that this specific portal user didn't have correct permissions.

Comment

Hi espcrm, in this example Bart is the person logging in, it's what the field defaults to when you create a new record, I want it to be blank but allow the user to select anyone already in the Contacts module...

I may not have the relationship set up right or maybe cannot use the Contacts field in this way?

Comment

If contact is the created record Person then that should not be allow to change isn't it (else you get auditing issue)?

Personally I never really used Portal and not sure of it behavior; can't give you any input.

Comment

• crmclients
                      crmclients commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OK thanks for trying, appreciated, I just added a contact called "z select contact" looks ugly but will avoid confusion when creating a new record and seeing your name in the field every time.

You can't hide the default Contact field? You can also re-label the Z Select Contact field to "Please Select Contact", but the fieldname can be something like, "contactPortalNameSelect"

Comment

• crmclients
                      crmclients commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I dont want to hide it but "z Please Select Contact" works. I add the z so it falls to the bottom on the List View.
                      Note this is only an issue for the Portal Users, the field is blank for regular users which is what you want for a new record
                  Working...
                  X