How to connect siblings on Contact record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect siblings on Contact record

Can't seem to do this w/o the main Contact being required in the 2nd Contact drop down (multi link)

Is it possible?

The scenario is a Contact/Joe has a sister who is also a Contact/Sue and a brother/John. On Joe's record I want to show, in a sub panel or other wise, that Sue and John are related, names are enough.

Doesn't have to be automatic, we might for some reason have Sue related to Joe but not John because of age, etc.

I saw this in another post related to adding/linking family members but could quite translate it to my need and also I need to see if this can be done just using the Admin panel.

Hello.
    Did you know how relations work?
    You can create relation between contacts which will let you to connect siblings

Comment

Yes I tried a many to many entity to connect to Contacts but it forced the primary to be it's own sibling, hoping for direction as maybe I have the wrong setup

Comment

We have a structure for family/relationship too, unfortunately default EspoCRM it is not possible.

Here is two solution which I design for this situation, it not ideal but it does help with quickly letting us know about people relationship. If you want Hierarchy style and true complex system, then there we probably need a coder. I checked out a few Free CRM but none really provide it possibility; from memory I see that Salesforce have a similar (or working) feature of this.

Outside EspoCRM, you can employ Family Tree style system but honestly, I only bother to do a Family Tree for personal use and not going to spend time for other people otherwise unless it is seamless to create.

Inside of EspoCRM I create relationship as so:

(1) Contact-to-Contact relationship: One is call "Referrer Parent", meaning who Refer this client to us.
        (2) Contact-to-Contact relationship: One is call "Referrer Child", listing all Contacts that that is referred by the Referrer Parent.
        (3) (Defaults field) Link each person to an Accounts, using the "Account" Title field I link their relationship.
        3a) I choose one person as the primary person. For example it would be something like this:

Account: Family: John Smith of City 123

Contact1: John Smith
        Account Title: John (since he primary)

Contact2: Jane Smith
        Account Title: John's Wife

There plenty of weakness to this design but it work for now.

Comment

This totally worked ! Adding a screen shot to make sure I went about it the right way and in case anyone else needs to do the same w/o code. Thank you so MUCH!!!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	adding Contact fields on the Contact record.png
Views:	301
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	62117

Comment

Update: also have to rename in the Contact/Fields
            Click image for larger version

Name:	rename after relationships.png
Views:	294
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	62119