Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.5.6 Edit notes under activity of a contact - can't figure out which permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5.6 Edit notes under activity of a contact - can't figure out which permissions

Hi there,

please bear with me, I am new to EspoCRM.

I have a client using 5.5.6. What I want is for them to be able to edit their own and other user's notes they have entered in the "activity" field of a contact. Right now it 403s.

As admin I can edit these fields, but not as a regular user. I would like to understand where the permissions are for this (I tried most switches under user permissions). If this is a feature of EspoCRM to prevent users from shenanigans in the notes? How do I disable it? Turning the user into an admin lets him edit the fields, but that's of course not what I want.

Thank you!

Hi,
    A regular user can't edit the other users notes. You have to change code for this.

Comment

Hi, ok that makes a lot of sense. How about editing your own notes? The user claims she was able to do this in the past.

Comment

By default there is 7 days period for editing notes. After 7 days you will not be able to edit it. To change the period open the /data/config.php file and change a value for the 'noteEditThresholdPeriod' parameter.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Never knew about 7 days rules.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X