Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To know a record is already exist in an entity(Eg:Leads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To know a record is already exist in an entity(Eg:Leads)

configuring workflow from front end, how to check a record is already exist ? Please help

Iam new to espo, I do want to search with phone number in an entity. if phone number already exist i have to get its count >= 1. can i do it in actions in workflow or using formula.

Comment

Possible w/ formula function record\exists: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...d#recordexists

Comment

Hello,
        it is very easy to find all records with empty or not empty field in entity. You just have only to run the search with the filter. See attachments.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Sir, I know this. but i want to make a check for duplicate entry and need to give a status on each duplicate entry.
          And I tried this as you said
          ifThen(record\exists('Contact', 'phoneNumber=', phoneNumber), flag = true). Here after a new record is created , trying to check phone number is already exists, if exists then need to update flag as true in newly created record. Please help.

Comment

I tried creating this workflow and it is not working. It is showing Duplicate for every record created. Can someone advise me how to use this formula. Screenshot attached.

description=ifThen(record\exists('Lead', 'phoneNumber=', phoneNumber), "Duplicate");

Comment

With reference to my previous post, I have found a better way to identify the duplicate leads, by using record/count and filtering out all counts above 1.
              noOfLeadsWithSamePhoneNo=record\count('Lead', 'phoneNumber=', phoneNumber);

Comment

Working...
              X