How to generate upgrade package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to generate upgrade package?

I want to setup a local git repository for working on modifications to html and js and other things that can't be done in /custom. But I am a little confused what to do to generate an actual upgrade package when the code is updated. Is there a script to generate an upgrade package? How do you do it for the official upgrade packages?

When I use git is the 'stable' branch the correct one to take production updates from?

Is there any news on this? For example I see that the upgrades pages is lacking 5.5.3-to-5.5.5 so I have to apply 5.5.3-to-5.4.4 and then 5.4.4-to-5.5.5.
    I would like to upgrade my dev repository with git and then create an upgrade package (with only the changed files) to upgrade production instance.

Do you have any advice? How do you do it for official releases?
    Last edited by tothewine; 01-20-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

We recommend to use official upgrades packages. The package contains new files and scripts which should be executed while upgrade.
      Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Originally posted by tarasm View Post
        We recommend to use official upgrades packages. The package contains new files and scripts which should be executed while upgrade.
        I acknowledge that. But is there an automated way to make them (given the official release and a modded release) or do you make official upgrades by hand only? What is the work flow for creating an upgrade package? I am trying to simplify my upgrade process: I have some source modifications so I need to check & correct every upgrade anyway.

Comment

I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you will find it useful.

Once we clone the repo we can work in the development environment and generate the build. Once the build is deployed on the production, how do we deploy next changes to the server without breaking ...

Comment

Working...
          X