Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximum limit of an Entity to create Fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum limit of an Entity to create Fields.

Hello,

I have been trying to create an Entity with almost 250 fields already and now showing errors as below:

Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details.
    Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details.
    Is Espo only capable to make 250 fields per Entity?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Brian

Hello,
    it depends only on your database. How many indexes do you have.
    Create a dump of your database and try to change its configuration. Maybe you have to change table from MyISAM to InnoDB

Comment

Yes, I guess I need to check that. Good thing Espo doesn't limit the creation of fields.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Hello,
        it depends only on your database. How many indexes do you have.
        Create a dump of your database and try to change its configuration. Maybe you have to change table from MyISAM to InnoDB
        Hi Tanya

Really stuck on this one if you don't mind helping with some advice. I have 142 fields in total in 1 entity but it seems that i cannot create anymore as it shows the following when trying to add more fields:-

​​​​​​2019-12-07 14:18:12] Espo.ERROR: (500) Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details.; POST /api/v1/Admin/fieldManager/BrakeHandling; line: 74, file: /application/Espo/Controllers/FieldManager.php [] []

I have looked in my cpanel under phpmyadmin and the table (entity) is showing innoDB as per screen shot. There is only 6 records in there.

How can i add more fields? Any help will be appreciated. I am very new to all this so simple instructions if possible :-)

Thanks

Comment

Ok i feel that i have run into a big brick wall here.. I have learnt that once i have reached the maximum number of fields in an entity it also doesn't let me remove a record, it just comes up with "Error" at the top of the screen. My log shows the following:-

2019-12-07 22:06:12] Espo.ERROR: (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'brake_handling.total_driving_time_trip6' in 'field list'; POST /api/v1/BrakeHandling/action/massDelete; line: 82, file: /application/Espo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php [] []
          ​​​​​​
          I restored my database and files back a day and all is fine and lets me delete a record. I then started to add the fields that wasn't part of the backup again, reached maximum fields and got:-

​​​​​​2019-12-07 14:18:12] Espo.ERROR: (500) Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details.; POST /api/v1/Admin/fieldManager/BrakeHandling; line: 74, file: /application/Espo/Controllers/FieldManager.php [] []

I then tried to remove a record in the Brake Handling Entity an then got:-

2019-12-07 22:06:12] Espo.ERROR: (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'brake_handling.total_driving_time_trip6' in 'field list'; POST /api/v1/BrakeHandling/action/massDelete; line: 82, file: /application/Espo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php [] []

​​​​​​​Starting to think there maybe a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by ashuk38 View Post
            I have 142 fields in total in 1 entity
            Wow!!!

Is there scope to break down this Entity into smaller, related entities?

Comment

Originally posted by blueprint View Post

Wow!!!

Is there scope to break down this Entity into smaller, related entities?
              Maybe, but not sure of the code. I have different panels which become visible based upon if further driving trips are required, I have 10 panels for driving trips. On the side panel on the screenshot Maximus kindly helped with the code to calculate time which works perfectly, i suppose rather than having a total time for each panel i could have a overall total time of all 10 trips rather than keep creating additional fields. The formula i have is setout like this below:-

​​​​​​$totalTime = (datetime\format(tripEndWK1, 'UTC', 'U') - datetime\format(tripStartWK1, 'UTC', 'U')) / 60;
              $hours = number\floor($totalTime / 60);
              $minutes = ($totalTime / 60 - $hours) * 60;
              totalDrivingTime = string\concatenate($hours, ' hour(s) ',$minutes, ' minute(s)');

$totalTime = (datetime\format(tripEnd2, 'UTC', 'U') - datetime\format(tripStart2, 'UTC', 'U')) / 60;
              $hours = number\floor($totalTime / 60);
              $minutes = ($totalTime / 60 - $hours) * 60;
              totalDrivingTime2 = string\concatenate($hours, ' hour(s) ',$minutes, ' minute(s)')

How could i tweak this above to show a total running time for all 10 trips rather than separate fields for them? That is probably the only scope i have at the moment that i can think of.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X