Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link the same entity multiple times with different names

Edit: Solved. See later posts.

I have a project entity that needs to have project managers and a project engineers. I am trying to make two linkMultiple relationships with the User entity, but the UI won't let me do it because it says the same link or entity already exists. I've tried editing all of json files, but nothing I've tried has worked. Is this possible? If so, how do you accomplish it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The attached pictures show the intent of what I want to do. I want to be able to select one or more users for each field, which will eventually be the way those people are notified of project updates. This is really similar to Assigned User, but it needs to be multiple people and they need to have different roles/titles/whatever you want to call it. I could assign all of the people using Assigned Users (notice the s), but that wouldn't help with our business case because some of the people need to specifically be called Project Managers and the others Project Engineers. It would also be really helpful to be able to run reports on each field.
    Last edited by bandtank; 04-03-2017, 06:15 PM.

Edit the name of User relation part, for example from users to managers or engineers

Comment

That doesn't seem to work. I created the Project Manager relationship first:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pm.png
Views:	330
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	27404

Which caused the following changes:

Name:	1.png
Views:	321
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	27405

Name:	2.png
Views:	314
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	27406

Name:	3.png
Views:	329
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	27407

Name:	4.png
Views:	331
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	27408

Comment

When I try to add the next relationship, it fails:

Name:	error.png
Views:	341
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	27410

Do I need to also change the projects name to something else? I suspect that's the issue, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Ok so changing the name on the Project side to projects2 fixed it. Is that fine? I mean it seems to work, but I don't know if there's going to be another issue.

Comment

Working...
          X