Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to assign customEntity and it's linked items to Portal Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to assign customEntity and it's linked items to Portal Users?

I created a customEntity called Publishers and linked it with Calls, Leads, Opportunities, and Users.

I also created a Portal with portal roles and users.

I assigned these users a Publisher.

Now I want to give them access to all entities that are linked with the Publisher entity. How can I achieve this?

I wanted this specifically for the portal user only.

I thought I would create an Account like entity and set the scope/permission level to "account" and it would only to realise that I would need to create a custom acl so that I can limit the permission/scope(?) level to "publisher" only so that they have access to the publisher account they are linked with + all the records that are linked to this publisher entity.

I tried searching the forum and did not come across much.

This seemed relevant but I am still at loss to be sure if it would work because I need it for portals.

There are two entities in a one-to-many relationship. I want the access rights to the child entities to match the parent entity. How can I do it correctly? To ensure proper functionality in all cases: In the case of requesting linked entities: /entity/entityId/linkName In the case of a simple list query with additional filters

Last edited by dafter; 07-09-2024, 01:19 PM.

- In order to grant Portal User A access to any entity (for example, Calls and Opportunities), this access must be granted to each of the required entities. And if it is required that Portal User A has access to specific records in Calls and Opportunities entities with which his Account is related, then the access level for each of the entities must be account.
    - Portal Users have specially limited rights and therefore do not have access to the Users entity. They also have limited access to Leads (only own or all).​

So without interfering with the code in your case:
    - for Lead, you can set only own or all access. Or just create another entity with Person type and use it instead of Lead.
    - for Call and Opportunity, you can grant account access. And in this case, Portal User A will have access to calls and opportunities that are related with the Accounts specified in the profile of this Portal User A (screenshot 1).
    - for the User entity, you will not grant access to the Portal User.​
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I understood this. However, my issue is that instead of an "account", I am using a custom entity called Publishers. And I have created a relationship of many to many between publishers and Users.

However, I cannot limit the scope level to records that are linked to the publisher entity.

That is where I am stumbled.

Comment

You will not be able to use another entity instead of Account to use account-level access. Moreover, it will not be possible to establish the access scheme of the combined entity with the custom entity (Publisher). You can try to create a relationship between Publisher and Account. And with each relation, for example, Publisher and Call, add the related Call to the Account with which the Publisher is already related. But in my opinion, this is too complicated way and it is easier to use Account or Contact instead of Publisher.

Comment

Working...
        X