Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Stream Notes

Hello, forwardly thanks for reaching out,

I want to modify the stream messages so they are displayed conditionally on users based if the stream note user is in the authenticated user team

Context:
    James belongs to Team 1 and Team 2
    John belongs to Team 1
    Jane belongs to Team 2

Assume a lead has been assigned to John by James, however after John finalized working with it, then it was assigned to Jane by James.
    John and Jane work in different companies, they shouldn't know, nor see each other.

As it is right now, it's audited to all users, which I am trying to avoid but I need to keep it audited conditionally

What approach should I use so that John and Jane do not see each other names or have links that redirect to their profiles Globally?

Use Roles and restrict the Stream to the team only or own user.

Comment

Hello Kharg Thank you for your super fast reply.

At roles there are only 2 options: enabled or disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	112
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	106267

Comment

Hello,

not the Global Stream but the entity’s stream.

Attached Files

Comment

It is set to team in each instance, however, the stream messages still appear,

just to clarify, a test case I am observing has changes from 2 different users which are of type admin, they both have no roles and no teams, does that affect anything ?

Comment

• Kharg
            Kharg commented
            Editing a comment
            Restrictions don’t work on Admin users.

Hello Kharg, apologize for the late reply,

I believe I was misunderstood, the point was when I was logged In, I was able to view the stream messages triggered by admin users, the question was is it normal for the regular users to view the stream messages if the stream message was made from an admin.

Comment

Yes it’s normal, maybe it’s better to put the admin users in another team and then use the roles to only show stream messages from the same team.

Comment

• DFerati
              DFerati commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried this, however when I login as the user that shouldn't see the users, still does. Is there any possibility to extend the stream/note.js file, and then go modify it from there?, if yes then how can I extend it and where do I define it?
          Working...
          X