Creator doesn't see own record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creator doesn't see own record

I have a problem that creator of my custom entity doesn't see the record he just created, instead get 403 error. Here is his role settings for the scope I have problem.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	timeTrackingRoleSettingsjpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	101232
    When creating record, assignedUser is not populated as it is not required. User has default team, so the team populates to record. I solved this issue by assigning this record to creator, but I think it shouldn't work this way. Another way is set read level to team, but I want user to see record without these manipulations
    Last edited by a.slyzhko; 01-02-2024, 09:54 PM.

Hi a.slyzhko,

You just didn't quite understand the meaning of the own option.
    You think that the own option refers to the User who creates the record (to the createdBy field) - this is not true. Because the own option refers to assignedUser field. Someone who creates a record that is not its owner.

A good example is copyright:
    An author of the song (who first wrote it) then sold it. And he transferred the copyright.
    And depending on the signed contract, he may not even be considered the author of the song.

That is, the creator is NOT the same as the owner.​
    Last edited by victor; 01-03-2024, 12:19 AM.

Comment

The CRM been there for 10 years, it always worked that way and there are reasons why. We can't just change such core elements of the software on a whim. You can always implement a custom access checker.

Comment

Working...
      X