Calculate the number of minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculate the number of minutes.

Hello friends, is there a way to calculate the number of minutes and hours between two dates and display it in a field?

For example, in the capture, the number of minutes is: 03 min.

yes possible with datetime Diff

minutes = datetime\diff(end, start, 'minutes');

where end is in your case 10:10 and start 10:07

I use this formula to calculate the time I need for a task. I put in start and end time and the minutes are calculated. In another field I convert the minutes to hours (float) and multiply with my hour rate to calculate the fee, my client has to pay for my work.
    Furthermore I reversed the calculation, e.g. I put in the start time and the minutes, from which then the end time is calculated. I did that for fun, because it is possible.

Comment

Thank you, it works well for me too. However, if the time is more than 60 minutes, for example, 75 minutes, how do we display 1h15min?

Comment

I'm using this formular to calculate the duration of an incident. Start and end time the incident.

Code:
        $totalMinutes = datetime\diff(incidentEndtime, incidentstarttime, 'minutes');
        $hours = number\format(number\floor(($totalMinutes / 60), 0));
        $minutes = number\format(number\floor(($totalMinutes - ($hours * 60)), 0));

impactDuration = string\concatenate($hours,' Hours ', $minutes, ' Minutes');​​

Comment

So, the "impactDuration" field is a text field, not a float.​

Comment

In my examples I used this:

Code:
            impactDuration     Duration          Varchar
            incidentstarttime  Start of impact   Date-Time​​
            incidentEndtime    End of impact     Date-Time

Comment

You can also add the days if necessary

$totalMinutes = datetime\diff(dateFin, dateStart, 'minutes');
              $days = number\format(number\floor(($totalMinutes / (24 * 60)), 0));
              $remainingMinutes = $totalMinutes - ($days * 24 * 60);
              $hours = number\format(number\floor(($remainingMinutes / 60), 0));
              $minutes = number\format(number\floor(($remainingMinutes - ($hours * 60)), 0));

Duration = string\concatenate($days, ' Days ', $hours, ' Hours ', $minutes, ' Minutes');

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
                X