Email Compose view stays on "drag an image here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Compose view stays on "drag an image here"

When I drag a file on the binder button to attach it on an email, the "body" panel turns to "drag an image here" and does not go back to normal after I have attached the file.
    The only way to get the normal behavior of the panel back is too uncheck and recheck the HTML checkbox.

To reproduce:
    • go to emails
    • click compose
    • drag a file from your computer over the binder icon and release
    espocm version: 8.1.4
    php version: 8.1
    DB: MariaDB
    Attached Files

I recently addressed this problem by disabling this functionality (for the next version). It seemed to me to be an issue in the library. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

Comment

I see, thanks.
    So if this function is crucial for our business we should not update to the next version?

Comment

You can insert images by clicking on a Picture button. Or by Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Drag'n'drop was always unreliable.

Note that I disabled dragging to the body. Dragging to the "Attachments" always worked and will keep working.
      Last edited by yuri; 02-17-2024, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I think this is the commit. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...c3a67af8479a16

Guess you could set it false if you really need it and can live with the issue.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt anyone was using it, as it was not working reliably.

Originally posted by yuri View Post
        You can insert images by clicking on a Picture button. Or by Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Drag'n'drop was always unreliable.

Note that I disabled dragging to the body. Dragging to the "Attachments" always worked and will keep working.
        Perfect.
        No we do not need drag and drop on body.
        The DND on the attachments is the needed behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasB View Post
          I think this is the commit. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...c3a67af8479a16

Guess you could set it false if you really need it and can live with the issue.
          Will check that one asap.
          Thank you

Comment

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            I discourage doing it.

1. It's already set to false for your instance.
            2. Changing JS files wont have any effect unless you build the instance.

• Emmker
            Emmker commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok Yuri, I'll wait for the new version.
        Working...
        X