Wildcard option / check on search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcard option / check on search

Although I have a coding work around and I understand some of the logic behind not doing wildcard searches example %searchterm%, a good compromise would be to have either a check box next to the search field to be able to perform wildcard searches. Make it an setting on the back end for those of us that want to enable it for our users.

I have never used a CRM that did not have wildcard searches and it has been frustrating to our users.

Hello

There you can find an interesting information about search

Originally posted by alasdaircr View Post
    Couple of things.

'%petr%' will never return results containing peter. That's just how SQL works.

Espo already allows you to do this using the varchar 'Contains' filter modifier in list/report view.

To enable '%<term>%' support in all the search boxes add

'textFilterUseContainsForVarchar' => true

to your data/config.php file.
    Hi! Today if I search for something it is to exactly.. If I search for &quot;petr&quot; it won't show me entries with &quot;peter&quot;.. I would really

Comment

Yes, I understand that. However that is not end user friendly and is the biggest issue across our user base. Most systems like Salesforce and other systems have this option and it is pretty standard with SaaS solutions as well.

Comment

Just edit the file data/config.php on your server and add 'textFilterUseContainsForVarchar' => true

then all text searches will use wildcards. Seems pretty simple to me...

Comment

Originally posted by alasdaircr View Post
          Just edit the file data/config.php on your server and add 'textFilterUseContainsForVarchar' => true

then all text searches will use wildcards. Seems pretty simple to me...
          It didn't work very well in my case. Phone numbers weren't being searched correctly or at least with both wildcards. I had to edit the source code even though I put the phone number field in the text search declaration area in the appropriate json file.

Comment

Sorry I'm not following what you're saying - but if you find a bug create a new thread or gitthub issue. If you make changes you should show them, then people can understand what it is you're doing.

Comment

Working...
            X