Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to MySQL 8.x question about "CREATE USER" directive in the docs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move to MySQL 8.x question about "CREATE USER" directive in the docs.

The current EspoCRM documentation (https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-based-systems) on MySQL 8 says:

MySQL 8 support

MySQL 8.0.4 has changed a default authentication method to caching_sha2_password which is not supported by PHP (at the time of writing). For MySQL 8 it should be changed to mysql_native_password method. For a user it can be done with the query:

CREATE USER username@localhost identified with mysql_native_password by 'password';

where username is your MySQL user, password is your MySQL user password.​
    Is this still relevant with MySQL 8.1 and/or 8.2 ?

If so, where would I enter the CREATE USER code? And is this the username/pass to the database I use for EspoCRM or the server itself (of which I don't have a user/pass as I'm on a shared server without root permission to their system services.)

Thanks,

Al

I'm not sure whether it's relevant for MySQL 8.1. CREATE USER is a statement you can execute when you run mysql in terminal.

mysql -u root

Comment

I'm surprised no one has tried Espo with the current MySQL which is 8.20. If I get a chance I will install a test version of EspoCRM and try it with the new MySQL and see what happens. I also run Espo with PHP 8.2.1 and it seems to run fine... although I've not fully tested it.

Comment

Working...
      X