Permissions error, can't seem to fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions error, can't seem to fix

Hi, I'm attempting to install... I uploaded the .zip, extracted it. Got Internal Server Error. Attempted to follow the instructions for changing permissions, to no avail.
    I'm on shared hosting with cPanel.
    What am I missing?

Look into your server log file, if there is any hint.

Comment

Thanks.
      I have looked at that and it shows the error(s) and looking at the file I cannot understand what it is all about. I'll enclose a copy of the error reported (error 500) which tells me nothing and I'm not that conversant with php to edit the file to show what the error actually is! I also enclose the error report from the server which directs me to the file and line number(s)
      [2023-10-31 00:08:10] ERROR:
      JobManager: Failed job running,
      job '654040944124f3343'.
      Job CheckEmailAccounts 65396d2b7c77ec3ed:
      [0] cannot connect to host;
      error = stream_socket_client():
      Unable to connect to ssl://imap.gmail.com:993 (Network is unreachable) (errno = 0 ) /home/juspnfnt/public_html/crm/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/ProtocolTrait.php:110;
      at /home/juspnfnt/public_html/crm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckEmailAccounts.php:61.

[2023-10-31 00:11:53] ERROR:
      (0) cannot connect to host;
      error = stream_socket_client():
      Unable to connect to ssl://imap.gmail.com:993 (Network is unreachable) (errno = 0 );
      POST /EmailAccount/action/testConnection;
      line: 110,
      file: /home/juspnfnt/public_html/crm/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/ProtocolTrait.php

The section of the code is an error trap but it doesn't help me get to the bottom of the problem.

what is a stream_socket_client() ?

Thanks again for your advice
      Petet
      Attached Files

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Ther is something wrong with your system email account. espoCRM needs to connect to that account to pull the incoming emails and send the outgoing emails (if there are some). This is made by cron job.
        Maybe that the email credentials you provided on installation are not correct.

Hi Hazlcha
      I too am very new to this but I had no problem getting espocrm installed using softaculous in cPanel and installing espocrm from under the ERP subheading.
      did you use this method or some other way?

Comment

You can't use CLI upgrade? That the recommend method.

Wait this is your first install? Who do you host with? They might have Softacilous or Auto install for EspoCRM, try using that if you are new or first time.

Comment

Working...
        X