No announcement yet.

Guidance on Migrating Data from Current Espo CRM Instance to Fresh Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance on Migrating Data from Current Espo CRM Instance to Fresh Installation

Greetings,

I recently upgraded my Espo CRM to the latest version, but unfortunately, I am facing issues that I'm unable to resolve. Specifically, both Dom PDF and VoIP are not functioning correctly.

After thorough consideration, I believe that the problems might be rooted in the current state of my CRM instance. Therefore, I am contemplating the installation of a fresh Espo CRM instance and migrating all of my data, including the entire database. My goal is to ensure a seamless transition without any data loss.

I kindly request guidance on the recommended process to achieve this migration. Your assistance in outlining the necessary steps and precautions to successfully migrate my complete dataset would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support.​

I do such thing as follows:

1. Backup web folders
    2. Backup database (export from phpMyAdmin)

Install fresh espoCRM, name the database as before and also the credentials (this is not absolutely necessary, but its easier to use the same config files afterwards).
    You can skip email configuration. Don`t skip errors in requirements. If something is not correct ther, solve it first before proceeding.

3. Import old database
    4. From the old web-folders upload the complete data-folder, substituting the one of the new installation. I always rename firstly all folders I will substitute like data -> data_old, in case I can revert that step.

5. From the old web folders upload the folder "custom" and /client/custom

Open espoCRM, login (your former login should work), go to Administrator and execute a rebuild, refresh browser and it should all work.

Sure, this proceeding has the possibility, that you re-import former errors, which you may have in your custom folders or in your database.
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 08-18-2023, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I'd suggest trying to repair the current instance. Usually, it's not something that is hard to repair and the issue might be quite simple to fix.

Comment

Dear, yuri

I hope this message finds you well. I've encountered a couple of issues that I'm trying to resolve with my Espo CRM instance after a recent update. In particular, after the upgrade, I attempted to modify the PDF engine and noticed a new option labeled "html." Despite having a PDF template that works perfectly on fresh instances, I'm facing difficulty with rendering the PDF format on my instance.

Additionally, I posted about a second issue on the forum. It appears that the VoIP setup menu is not visible in the user section. Despite using all the most current extensions and the latest version of Espo CRM, I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause of this problem.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in identifying and resolving these issues. Your expertise would be invaluable in helping me get my Espo CRM instance back on track.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
        Yubraj kafle

Comment

• Akemi
          Akemi commented
          Editing a comment
          What would help is tell us which Espo version you are trying to migrate from and to.
          PHP version from and to.
          What platform are you hosting the application.

Forgot the most important thing:
          Logfiles from espo and php if possible......
          Last edited by Akemi; 08-21-2023, 11:51 AM. Reason: Forgot the logfiles

yuri is there any chances of helping me to figure out the issue and solve the issue from espo team ?

Comment

Working...
        X