Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad server response - GD does not appear to be avaliable in your PHP installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad server response - GD does not appear to be avaliable in your PHP installation

Hello,

On my Ubuntu 18.04 server I upgraded my PHP from 7.3 to PHP 8.1.9, then I upgraded ESPO from 7.0.10 to the latest 7.1.11

I removed all PHP 7.3 then installed:

sudo apt-get install php8.1 php8.1-curl php8.1-common php8.1-mysql php8.1-mbstring php8.1-curl php8.1-xml php8.1-gd

I restarted apache. I even rebooted the server.

When I log into ESPO I get "Bad server response"

In the log files I get the following error:
    [2022-08-31 01:30:15] ERROR: (0) GD does not appear to be avaliable in your PHP installation. Please try another generator; GET /; line: 15, file: /data/www/espo/vendor/yzalis/identicon/src/Identicon/Generator/GdGenerator.php [] []
    [2022-08-31 01:30:16] ERROR: (0) GD does not appear to be avaliable in your PHP installation. Please try another generator; GET /; line: 15, file: /data/www/espo/vendor/yzalis/identicon/src/Identicon/Generator/GdGenerator.php [] []

phpinfo() shows GD extension installed and enabled.

​Everything else seems to be working fine, emails send, new contacts are being saved. I just don't like the "Bad server response" on the screen. Do you think Identicons has an issue with some package in PHP 8.1.9?

The last update for Identicons was in 2019. https://github.com/yzalis/Identicon

Any help would be helpful in figuring this issue out.

Thank you.

Try fixing this line manually: https://github.com/yzalis/Identicon/...erator.php#L17

In vendor/yzalis/identicon.

Please let me know if it worked.

Espo works on PHP 8.1. It could be that on some environments the extension is named ext-gd, not gd.
    Last edited by yuri; 08-31-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that did not work.

When I run the following on CLI it works just fine

if (!extension_loaded('gd')) {
      echo('Something is wrong, GD not loaded.');
      } else {
      echo('Something is RIGHT, GD IS loaded');
      }

​I think it may have to do with the fact that I loaded ESPO in /data/www directory instead of the standard /var/www and Apache2 and PHP8.1.9 are not loading the extension properly?

I have been running ESPO on the non-standard directory since since last year with no problem, I wonder if PHP8.1.9 now doesn't like it?

Have you experienced anything like this before?

Comment

I just wanted to give an update.

I did not make any changes to my configuration, however the blinking Bad Server Response stopped and no additional log entries were recorded. I wonder if there was caching involved?

Comment

Working...
        X