Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple failed installs, please help! ! (API Error: EspoCRM API is unavailable.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple failed installs, please help! ! (API Error: EspoCRM API is unavailable.)

I have installed it many times, and every time I encounter this problem, I don't know how to deal with it. Permissions and Nginx are set as per the documentation.

API Error: EspoCRM API is unavailable.

[2022-03-23 11:51:36] WARNING: E_WARNING: Undefined array key "errors" {"code":2,"message":"Undefined array key "errors"","file":"/www/wwwroot/EspoCRM/install/vendor/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(143) : eval()'d code","line":4} []
    [2022-03-23 11:51:36] WARNING: E_WARNING: Attempt to read property "value" on null {"code":2,"message":"Attempt to read property "value" on null","file":"/www/wwwroot/EspoCRM/install/vendor/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(143) : eval()'d code","line":4} []

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /api/v1/:1

Hello,

Please send the error log of your nginx server.

Comment

I tested and installed the latest project, and a white screen appeared after clicking install.

Comment

Please check if the permissions and ownership are set correctly:

Comment

• snminvip
          snminvip commented
          Editing a comment
          The permissions that have been detected are the current user permissions.

Hey Snmip,

Your log file says that there are write file permission errors. So there's definitely a problem there.

Comment

snminvip,

You said the permissions are set for current user.
          Have you tried using www-data?

Comment

What do you mean by www-data

Comment

Hi MaxMax,

All the EspoCRM files should be owned and group-owned by the webserver process. It can be www-data, daemon, apache, www, etc.

In most cases, it is www-data. It is the user that web servers on Ubuntu (Apache, nginx, for example) use by default for normal operation. The web server process can access any file that www-data can access.

To work with EspoCRM at the beginning, before installation, it is necessary to set the owner and group-owner, using these commands in terminal from your EspoCRM instance directory:
              Code:
              sudo chown -R <OWNER>:<GROUP-OWNER> .;
              Instead of owner and group-owner you should insert, for example, www-data and www-data (without brackets).

Comment

The only thing that did it for me was to upgrade mariadb to the latest version. God knows why the error shows as API unavailable, but I decided to check the database version because there were errors related to it in the logs and I noticed i was running an old versions of MariaDB.
                All is working now!!

Comment

Working...
                X