Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 6.1.7 to 7.0.8

Hi,

I have Espo 6.1.7 installed. Can I update directly to 7.0.8? Or should I do the complete way from 6.1.7 -> 6.1.8 -> 6.1.9 -> 6.1.10 -> 7.0.8?

Thanks

Hi, you can finde the upgrade packages here: https://www.espocrm.com/download/upgrades/
    The list indicates from what version to what newer version you can upgrade. Do it if possible by CLI, its faster and more secure.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Just use the CLI before you regret it. Not unless you want to put in extra work, want to be a future EspoCRM expert or just want a challenge then go with Kyle method.

Remember to do a backup... I'm sure you will run into one or two error.

You could also build your own upgrade package and do it in one go. This takes a bit of work to get your local environment setup to do this.

Comment

The update thru web interface resulted an error... Up to 6.1.10 everything was fine. But 6.1.10 to 7.0.8 crashed the installation.
      Luckely it's a test/learn environment... I'll try by CLI interface.

Comment

Where to launch cli in windows?

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to assume you have zero knowledge of CLI and it is hosted on a server. Try reading this article: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/...c-ssh-commands

Sadly I couldn't find my guide, which just expand a little more on that article as it related to EspoCRM more.

I suppose, you have a windows server stack (like WAMP or XAMPP). In such a stack there you will have afolder named www or htdocs, where all your webfiles of your installation are saved (not the database). You make the upgrade in that folder (root level, which is the first level with folders and some files, amongst these the upgrade.php).
        The command would be
        Code:
        php upgrade.php
        espoCRM will always make the next possible update, e.g. from 6.1.7 to 6.1.8, and after that triggering from 6.1.8 to 6.1.9 etc.

Comment

I used this page

Last edited by stayfi; 11-28-2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X