Failed upgrade: 6.1.10->7.0.0 (Nginx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed upgrade: 6.1.10->7.0.0 (Nginx)

After upgrade client don't start (browser cache cleared)
    Nginx config applied (all /client requests is ok)
    Attached Files

Developer Mode bug
    If isDeveloperMode false all ok

Comment

It's not a bug I guess. Developer mode is not supposed to be enabled unless you run an instance from a git repository.

Comment

This is new behavior compared to the previous version.

Comment

It was never intended to work. I don't know how it worked on downloaded version, it should have been built with grunt.

Comment

My installation broke with a command line update from 6.* to 7.* as well. I had to update the NGINX configuration in order to fix this. This should have been made super clear in the release notes, but for some reason wasn't even mentioned.

Use the new configuration for NGINX here: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-configuration

Make sure to put the "root" as the public folder.

Code:
            root /var/www/html/public
            Then, further down, set the directory under the /client location to the parent folder.

Code:
            location /client {
                root /var/www/html; # path to espocrm root dir
            }
            Restart NGINX and you should be working.

Comment

The information about how to reconfigure webserver is supposed to be shown when you access an instance after upgrade.

Comment

You're right. I spoke to soon. After upgrading a different instance I did see that message. Not sure why it didn't show up on the first site I upgraded. I also saw an email that was sent about the upgrade mentioning the NGINX configuration. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X