• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons dead after upgrade.

Hi :-)

I've recently upgraded from a much older version to:
    Current version: 6.1.8

Everything is working except for icons, being 'dead'.

As far as I can tell, permissions are correct (always a challenge for me, to be honest)

Inspection on an icon reveals:

Other than that, it all seems to be working perfectly.

Any thoughts please :-)

Thank you,

Greg.

Do you have any issue with opening other attachments? Images?

Comment

Thanks for responding Emil.

Yes, just checked.

I can upload a document, even email it as an attachment, but not read it.

Clicking on the link gives a 500 error.

Comment

Please check is there anything in logs. Here you have video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Y7M0zjbtQ
        Also if you don't find anything there, please check php logs on your server.

Comment

Can you find what the icon file name is on your system?

It should be some odd string of characters and letter like this, "1893sdajskd9021301", base on my guess it should be this?
          For me it something like this entryPoint=image&size=small&id=e5e2aqb8637df8e5231

"e5e2aqb8637df8e5231", now I would go to your espocrm folder and look for (writing this by memory)

custom > data > uploads
          then find the image, can you find it? if you can, can you open it? if you can check if you have the right folder and permission. Also it might help to do test in a Private/Incognito mode in your browser.
          Last edited by espcrm; 08-24-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your help:

I was able to find various images in the data/uploads folder as suggested. I was also able to open them after downloading. The files aren't corrupt.

From what I can tell, the permissions and ownerships are indeed correct.

To be sure, I redid all of those following all the instructions here:
            https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-based-systems

When uploading a document, it does so successfully, opening the link doesn't work.

emillod also mentioned the logs, I checked. There have been no new log files written since the upgrade.

Thank you for your help :-)

**If need be I'll go back to the previous version, luckily I don't have much data at the moment to loose if I do.

Greg

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
            Can you find what the icon file name is on your system?

It should be some odd string of characters and letter like this, "1893sdajskd9021301", base on my guess it should be this?
            For me it something like this entryPoint=image&size=small&id=e5e2aqb8637df8e5231

"e5e2aqb8637df8e5231", now I would go to your espocrm folder and look for (writing this by memory)

custom > data > uploads
            then find the image, can you find it? if you can, can you open it? if you can check if you have the right folder and permission. Also it might help to do test in a Private/Incognito mode in your browser.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Does the file name match the link name? For image that you do manage to find, can you try opening it from entrypoint link instead of using filemanager?

Not sure how to solve this to be honest. Aside from what I written, I'm out of possible idea.

If rolling back work... I wonder if it it could be a server connect/database issue?

I checked to see if the files existed and they did.

I also tried loading directly from the entry point as suggested, with no success.

I have rolled back for now. My current verson is 5.9.1

I'll try again with a test install and check along the way where the error occurs. That's if it occurs again.

Comment

Not sure if your case is this extreme, but instead of rolling back to old versions, I suggest that you try starting from scratch with a fresh installation preserving your data and attachments as described here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/inst...1187#post61187 and see if the problem persists.

If it doesn't you can use the local mirror installation to restore your production instance.

Comment

I've given up, not without giving it a very good attempt!

I even tried creating a mirror on my local server as per telecastg 's suggestion above. I get exactly the same error. :-(

I ran upgrades via CLI and reloaded after each. It seems the upgrade after 6.0.10 is where the error happens. In other words, it works up till 6.0.10
                I ran this with the same result more than once. Thank goodness for snapshots!

Comment

Working...
                X