Websocket problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websocket problem

I am having a problem with the new VM getting websockets to work though, I have setup the daemon and installed the right php extensions etc. according to the Espo docs for SSL (it was working on my internal linux box). I have opened the inbound port on the Azure security group for port 8080 (access is restricted to my own IP)but the browser is still reporting errors. I have attached the error screenshots..

Anything specific I should be looking for to trace the error?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by yuri; 06-02-2021, 09:11 AM.

Check espo logs please.

Comment

Thanks Yuri.. I have had a look at the Espo logs and there is nothing in there related to web sockets, just email issues which are now solved.

Comment

Hello. We have the same issues. I am assuming it is due to using Cloudflare.

Comment

Originally posted by bradaks View Post
          Hello. We have the same issues. I am assuming it is due to using Cloudflare.
          Interesting, I'm not sure it's the same issue as mine because my instance is running directly on an Azure VM so not using Cloudflare..

Comment

Hi guys, it looks like I have managed to solve this problem.
            In the Apache virtual host config I change the ProxyPass lines to:-

Code:
            ProxyPass ws://127.0.0.1:8080
            ProxyPassReverse ws://127.0.0.1:8080
            Before I have them set to the FQDN but the Azure firewall stopped that from working.

Seems to be happy now.

Comment

My experience is quite different. I'm not able to makes websocket working at all and I cannot understand why. My standard architecture is organized with 2 or 3 servers:

Frontend reverse nginx proxy server (es. IP 1.1.1.1)
              application espo server with apache (es. IP 2.2.2.2)
              database server with mariadb 10.x (es. IP 3.3.3.3)

In this scenario to enable websocket I've configured the application espo server to create the wesocket by the service and it apparently works with port 8080 up 0.0.0.0:8080 and port 5555 up on 127.0.0.1:5555

I try to connect with websocket client to the application machine (so without ssl) but every time I try to connect I receive:

The connection was terminated uncleanly with status code 1006 (ABNORMAL).

I try to set my revproxy nginx to create the upstream for the websocket and the configuration seams to be ok but cannot connect and the message is always the same
              One of the problem is that the fqdn of espocrm installation doesn 't point to application espo but to rev proxy frontend and I'll try to config all by IP address but the error message doesn't changes.
              Another problem is related to logs, nothing visible on logs check everywhere but seams that nothing is logged so nothing is working but I've ports and service up and running and in ok state.

I really don't know how to debug and I'm on the third new installation of everything but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Sorry Marco, I’m not familiar with the proxy type setup so can’t really advise you on this one. As your issue is different to mine you might be better off starting a new thread.

I hope you get it resolved soon…

Gareth

Comment

Working...
                X