Problem upgrading from 5.9.4 to 6.0.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem upgrading from 5.9.4 to 6.0.10

Hi, I'm not an expert on servers, however, I've read some posts here to try to find a solution to my problem upgrading from CLI to my ESPO installation.

I've run both options:

php command.php upgrade

and

php command.php upgrade -y --file="EspoCRM-upgrade-5.9.4-to-6.0.10.zip" (is the name of the upgrade package; I uploaded to my server)

I'm logging as a root; the PHP version is 7.3 and the database version is: Server version: 10.3.23-MariaDB - MariaDB Server

When I access the server and run any of both instructions I get this error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?', expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) in ../application/Espo/Core/Container.php on line 113

Also, I enabled the debug mode in order to read the log, but I don't have anything in there.

I stop all crones and set maintenance mode as the book requested, but I receive the same error

I read and the files index.php have 644 permissions

Can you help me with this?
    Last edited by jorge@netcare.mx; 05-18-2021, 06:28 PM.

Hello Jorge,
    I don't know if it would be useful but check please your PHP CLI version by running this command in the terminal: php -v. Perhaps your PHP CLI version is low.

Comment

Hi,

If I run this instruction I get the 7.0.33; but I have on my admin panel (directadmin) the option to change between 7.0 and 7.3; would that be the problem?

Comment

It seems that this is the cause of the error. Cause when you run a php script in terminal, it uses the PHP cli. So its version should satisfy EspoCRM requirements. On the other hand webserver in your case uses the PHP v.7.3 that is OK. So only you need to change is PHP CLI version.
        If you will got some problem with changing the PHP version on your server environment you can contact the server support in order to get some detailed manual for your purpose or ask them to change version for you.

Comment

Working...
        X