New to EspoCRM and have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to EspoCRM and have a few questions

Hello, we recently started our trial with espo cloud, we plan on moving to it from nethunt.
    but during this process, we encountered a few questions and problems we hope you more experienced people could help us with.

I'll start with the questions:

Questions:
    1. Revert deletions, how can you revert deletions? preferably in bulk.
    2. Changing name/type of variable (field) results in deleting the data if another one with the same name exists - no prompt, is this normal?
    3. How to bulk delete contacts? Currently, you can delete only those that are displayed right now. How can we delete all contacts?
    4. How can you revert the whole database, like all the contacts and companies, to a certain date? say someone screwed up something system-wide and you want to cancel that and return to a working DB.

Now on to the Issues:

Issues:
    1. Linking - to link entities you need to have a field of the type Link on one of them. However, we cannot as users directly create these kinds of fields. What does this mean? That we can link Contacts -> Account (because there is a Link type ‘account’ field already there). We cannot link Account->Contacts.
    thank you and have a great week!

Personally some of these issue I never personally go through the motion of doing so I write what I can considering no one response to you yet.
    • Revert deletions, how can you revert deletions? preferably in bulk. - Don't think you can, you can look at the "Action History" in admin but I don't see any way to "revert changes"
    • How to bulk delete contacts? Currently, you can delete only those that are displayed right now. How can we delete all contacts? - Use search and filter then check all the box top box or manually each box and Action > Delete.
    • How can you revert the whole database, like all the contacts and companies, to a certain date? say someone screwed up something system-wide and you want to cancel that and return to a working DB. - Backup and restore by date and, manually or automatic using your server function. There is no internal backup and restore system at this point.

Linking - to link entities you need to have a field of the type Link on one of them. However, we cannot as users directly create these kinds of fields. What does this mean? That we can link Contacts -> Account (because there is a Link type ‘account’ field already there). We cannot link Account->Contacts.

I think you want to create a Relationship but can't find that hidden menu? Go to Admin > Entity Manager > Relationship
    Example URL:
    /#Admin/entityManager/
    /#Admin/linkManager/scope=Contact/

Comment

Thank you for your detailed response! This is very helpful, and I was hoping you might be able to clarify a few more things about the system.

1. How to filter Accounts by the AccountRole of the Contacts linked to the account? For example, generating a list with all accounts that have a linked contact who has HR as their Role?
      2. Related to this, how do Relationship work? It seems that Contacts can be linked to Accounts but not the other way around?
      3. Currently, if we import Contacts and they have an Account Name then they are automatically linked to that Account (if it exists). Is it possible to auto generate new Account based on the import of Contacts? (so that if it doesn't exist yet it will be opened?)
      4. It seems that when importing contacts the system doesn't recognise that fields with the same name already exist and puts Skip in them. We need to manually map the fields every time to ensure fit. Is that because mismatches with variable types (Text vs varchar, etc.)? Is there a way to make sure it identifies the field exists and map it together?
      5. Is there a way to revert Updates (as oppose to new imports)?

Please do let me know if any of these questions are unclear. Thank you for the help, it's a great system.

Comment

1. Automatic filter? I don't know how, there is a few coding guide thread but it too hard for me. You can browse through the curated list here: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki
        If you want to filter from a large list, you can use the Bottom Panels > Click ... > View List > (do your search/filter using the box, if your search not working for Title you can try adding it as search index, it menu is somewhere in the Admin setting).

2. Relationship let you link any entity (e.g. Contact and NewCoolGamelsEntity together). By default I believe Account can be link to Contacts isnt it? You can add multiple account to a contact. And in Account you can add multiple contact using Bottom Panels.

3. I can't remember, but I thought it already does that? Not unless you choose "Update Only" then it probably can't do "Create" when you do import.

4. Yeah it suck, nothing can be done until an update 'fix' it.

5. Yes, after you open the Import, top right there is "Import Result" find the import you want to revert, click on that, top right button "Revert Import"

Comment

Working...
        X