Image Errors after upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Errors after upgrading

I previously upgraded and noticed that all images uploaded prior to the upgrade display a broken image error. I look to find the location of the image and it's something like this: entryPoint=attachment&id=

Is this a permission issue or something far more systemic?

On a different note, I tried to upload our company logo because that is broken as well and was not able to either. Same issue... a broken image.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Hi,
    Where exactly your attachments were attached (e.g. Stream, Image type field, etc.)?
    I've checked it on the EspoCRM versions 5.9.2 and 6.0.6 and in both versions, the proper URL for attachments was like http://my-espocrm-site/?entryPoint=i...5f7f445ee30c24.
    SoentryPoint=image notentryPoint=attachment.

Comment

Hi Maximus,

Virtually anywhere there's an image. To start, I can't load documents because it fails. Secondly, any image including images for preference etc will not save/store. I tried to insert our company logo because the upgrade broke it and I couldn't so I have to replace the Espo logo just to display mine. Not sure what happened by that was a result of an upgrade. It seems every time there's an upgrade something gets broken, which makes no sense.

Thanks.

Comment

I've looked everywhere. This CRM is so damn buggy. Upgrading shouldn't break every image and uploaded file. Nothing that previously uploaded works. I spend more time trying to track bugs with this software, I swear! It's bordering on not worth the constant hassle.

Comment

Or at least create a rollback function! At this point, during the last 9 months, I get nervous every time there's an upgrade. Usually, when there's an upgrade it fixes something not creates more issues.

Signed -Frustrated, yet again with this bug-filled software.

Comment

Are you sure that your manual customizations or server misconfiguration are not the cause of your problems. I believe you have some customizations. From that post you deleted I can tell that you definitely do have some. If you are able to write custom code you should be able to debug such trivial issues like images not being displayed. At least be able to provide us with enough details so we could help. You just post your emotions here. I hate reading someone's emotions when they should have rather posted error messages from logs.

We do upgrade hundreds of EspoCRM instances automatically w/o any issues. Never had any. If the environment is configured properly, there's no manual customizations and 3rd party extensions, it's unlikely that the system won't work after upgrade. Minor bugs are possible. They all are fixed as soon as possible.

Regarding rollback. In another post you got the information how to make back-up. It's not that hard.

I remember your another post (with the same hateful attitude) you had problems after upgrade. It seemed that no one else had that problem. Have you figured out what it was? If you are constantly frustrated with Espo maybe it would be better to migrate to something different.
            Last edited by yuri; 12-05-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X