Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parallel processing of jobs: Uncaught Exception Spatie\Async\Output\ParallelError

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel processing of jobs: Uncaught Exception Spatie\Async\Output\ParallelError

Hi,

I am setting up a new environment on a new server and I am trying to enable parallel processing of jobs. I am using Cron to run the jobs. I am using Cpanel on CloudLinux (I have root access if I need it to change something)

I am using PHP 7.4, I have checked to make sure pcntl and posix are installed.

I get the following error when enabling parallel processing:

[2020-09-07 03:02:10] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception Spatie\Async\Output\ParallelError: "" at /home/kyledev/public_html/vendor/spatie/async/src/Output/ParallelError.php line 11 {"exception":"[object] (Spatie\\Async\\Output\\ParallelError(code: 0): at /home/kyledev/public_html/vendor/spatie/async/src/Output/ParallelError.php:11)"} []

Is there any specific Apache settings I need to check or anything else I should do?

I have tried using mod_mpm_prefork as well as mod_mpm_worker but get the same error.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Kyle

Hello Kyle, do you have installed required extensions?
    It requires pcntl and posix extensions.

Also if you're setting up new environment did you consider using daemon from EspoCRM?

Comment

Hi,
      I have the extensions installed, I initially thought this might be the problem. I did look at the other ways to run jobs but assumed it would use the same underlying packages and the problem would still exist. If I move to the daemon does this still use spatie/async?

I will look at changing this over and testing it out later today and will update the forum on my results.

Comment

Daemon process worked without issues however managing it like this was going to pose some problems for me so I moved to using a service this also worked without issues. I have no solution to the errors when trying parallel processing with cron.

Comment

We've managed to run parallel mode in few instances of EspoCRM, but just like that, without access, debuging, i'm not able to say what is wrong there.

Comment

Working...
          X