Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd dropdown table display

Hi Yuri,

I just upgraded from espocrm version 5.7.11 to version 5.9.3 under Php 7.3.19 and MariaDB 10.2.32. We got an odd dropdown table display content during User Create and Edit (Refer screencap 1). The same happen when I tested with espocrm 5.7.11 under Php 7.3.19 and Mariadb 10.2.31. This error did not happen when I tested under espocrm 5.7.11, php 7.2.19 and MySQL 5.6 (Refer screencap 2).

We need to fix this urgently. Please help. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screencap 1  - Create User 5.9.3.png
Views:	575
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	60107

Click image for larger version

Name:	screencap 2 - Create User 5.7.11.png
Views:	449
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	60108

Hi,

I'm extremely busy and will not be available for the whole week. I've never encountered such an issue before.

Hope someone else can help.

Comment

where is that dropdown content defined?

Comment

Hi tothewine,

No such dropdown content has been defined within User Entity. The dopdown seem to contain names of Accounts which is not linked with User Entity. It seems to happen when i test with Firefox browsers in my PCs only. It does not happen using Firefox on other person's PCs. Also, the weird thing is that when i tested with Chrome is have no problems even on the MY pcs. I have reinstalled Firefox on my PCs and yet the same happens. Really puzzling! I am going to redefine the CRM instance from scratch on server again and test.

Comment

It could be useful to inspect the DOM and javascripts and try to pinpoint what javascript object renders the list. Any chance you customized the frontend? or have any firefox extensions? From empirical evidence it seems related to your specific instance of windows/firefox. You could try creating a new new windows account on the same pc and installing a beta version of firefox such as these: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/ ?

Comment

If it an isolate Firefox installation then a "Hamburger Button > help > restart with add-on disable" would be first way to check if it an addon/extension issue.

Second is to create a new Default profile for firefox and see if that remedy it.

Comment

Hi,

This following is what i have done so far to resolve the issue but failed:

(1) Initially created under Espocrm 5.7.11, Php 7.2 and MySQL 5.6 - works fine
              (2) Migrated the instance to a new server using Php 7.3.19 and MariaDB 10.2.32 - problem showed up (on my office PC)
              (3) Tested the same in my home PC, same issue.
              (4) Reinstalled Firefox on both my PCs, still the same issue
              (5) Tested using Chrome on both my PCs, works fine
              (6) Tested using Firefox on other staff PCs, works fine
              (7) Upgraded Espocrm to 5.9.3, still same issue
              (8) Tested using a recreated fresh new instance of Espocrm 5.9.3, still same problem using Firefox on my PCs.

In summary, it only seems to happen when i use Firefox on my PCs. All i can see is that both my PCs have BitDefender antivirus software. I am going to test it after removing it.

Comment

Hi,

Recently, the cloud provider reinstalled the Easy Apache 4 and Config from another working server. Simultaneously, my firefox also got updated. After these two, i tested the app again the problem just disappeared!!! Now i am even more puzzled on how that happen. Gheez! This problem is resolved.

Thank you guys for all the assistance.

Comment

• espcrm
                  espcrm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad you put up with it for that long. Some might get too annoy and moved on to another system! Persistence!

espcrm,

Hahaha..I know that feeling. I dont give up until i am 101% confident that there is no hope of a resolution, especially when i like the software. Looking at the diagnostics in my previous post, it definitely had something to do with my PCs. Then the came Windows Update and Firefox update. Everything went poof!. If the problem had been Espocrm > 5.8, i would have reverted to 5.7.11. The only thing that disappoints me are the search results generated by the forum and the number of post remaining unanswered for long periods. I have 2 of them. One on the portal and another on the using of multiple fields in duplicate checking. Still not replied. As for the search, it is not very intelligent, at least for me. It gives me so many irrelevant results that i get too tired ploughing through and then take a short route and post for help. It should provide additional tags to include in the search.

Comment

• espcrm
                  espcrm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, search is a hit and miss sometime (or most of the time depending on your luck). I try to keep a list of interesting Threads in my Learning EspoCRM thread so it a decent (not reliable) source.

• murugappan
                  murugappan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, i am doing the same. I keep a list of url on relevant posts too. The disappointing thing is the number of "hanging" posts. You find one post that relates you and after long list of posts you find the post is "hanging" without any closure. I guess this happens in many forums too.

> The only thing that disappoints me are the search results generated by the forum and the number of post remaining unanswered for long periods. I have 2 of them. One on the portal and another on the using of multiple fields in duplicate checking. Still not replied.

Answering questions on the forum is a work that requires allocating resources that costs us money. We did not set a goal to answer every question on the forum. Our main goal is developing the product.

Comment

• murugappan
                  murugappan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi, we understand the developer's position. I would like to subscribe for support @ $100 per hour is something we have to think especially in the absence of any technical documentation. If there is sufficient tech documentation, the $100 spent produces good returns when complex requirements are solved. This is just an opinion.

The only thing that disappoints me are the search results generated by the forum and the number of post remaining unanswered for long periods
                It is true, there are many unanswered questions, and I think even worse, that contrary to what you and some other participants do murugappan , which is to persist and publish a solution when you find it, many others almost never even bother to post the solutions to their own questions when they find them.

With respect to search results, I think that it would be very useful if questions that have remained unanswered for a given period (3 months ?) be moved to a special forum so they won't clutter the search results. I have no experience or knowledge about forum management so don't even know if this is possible, but some type of filtering would help make the search results more relevant I think.

Answering questions on the forum is a work that requires allocating resources that costs us money. We did not set a goal to answer every question on the forum. Our main goal is developing the product.
                Completely agree, the development is top notch, and this being an open source, largely FREE platform, the least we could do, as beneficiaries of the development, is to contribute by making the forum a good source of information for everyone's benefit.
                Last edited by telecastg; 07-31-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• tothewine
                  tothewine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree too: rather than committing to answering everything a better investment is to create better software (and slowly improve documentation) so there are less problems. The community should try and fill the gaps. A problem is that search function of most forum software is crap :\
                  Last edited by tothewine; 08-01-2020, 12:48 PM.

• murugappan
                  murugappan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. The people who found the solution do not post it in the forum. This is one good point in Codeigniter forum, they post the solution and the close. This forum should has a topic "close" once solution is posted. In numerous cases i found the thread continues but into a different scope altogether. Sad!

• tothewine
                  tothewine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  also a forum is not always the best format for this. a q&a system could be better for people seeking to solve specific problems.
              Working...
              X