Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration issues for EspoCRM - Customizations missing

Dear Team,

I am trying to migrate EspoCRM from our server to Google's Cloud Computing. During the preparatory phase, we backed up the espocrm folder and the database.

For installation - Approach 1
    1. We restored the DB into our Google Cloud MySQL server
    2. We copied over the files from our backup and applied the right permissions and ownerships
    3. However, when I try to access EspoCRM, it gives me Error 404.
    I had no success while trying to run espocrm/install/ either. How can I fix the settings required to start EspoCRM?

For installation - Approach 2 - When I couldn't succeed with approach 1, we did the following:
    1. We restored the DB into our Google Cloud MySQL server
    2. Installed EspoCRM from scratch using fresh copy from the internet
    3. Copied over the espocrm/data/upload folder and espocrm/custom folder from the backup into the Google Cloud espocrm folder
    4. Went through the web installation steps and was able to access my data.
    However, while I can see my data, I notice that all of my customizations are missing e.g. New Entities, additional fields on system entities like Tasks, User Interface customizations etc.

I would prefer to use approach 1. If you can suggest what I am missing, I would really appreciate it. If you think approach 2 is better, please help me understand how to restore my customizations.

A year from now, how is your progress, have you figure it out why?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      A year from now, how is your progress, have you figure it out why?
      Hi Patrick, I didn't hear back for a while, so I just ended up manually re-creating the customizations myself.

My guess would be that the customizations get stored in a json file somewhere. But I didn't investigate further.

Are you running into the same issue?

Comment

All customizations are located at /custom directory. Just copy them and make Rebuild under Administration panel.
        Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Glad to hear you have solved that problem.

Comment

Working...
          X