Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migrating self-hosted to Espo cloud-hosted possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating self-hosted to Espo cloud-hosted possible?

If I self-host and then later decide I'd prefer to use the cloud-hosted solution is there some mechanism for migrating across?

I used this CRM for a while several years ago when it was just starting out so I am glad to see it is doing so well.

Probably not out of the box, but considering that Cloud-hosted belong to the Developer's team, I would say they would likely to help you move host. Try sending sending a email or contact support.

Comment

Hello,
      witch is your actual version and have you custom modification ?
      how many users ?

Comment

From the sound of it is probably a really old version, you look at v1 generation, I don't think there any user at the moment either. Of course this is all a guess.

When you say Cloud Hosted, I assume you wanted EspoCRM to host it for you also but reading it again, you are just talking about migration from (local) server to a server (cloud?).

Comment

Originally posted by item View Post
          Hello,
          witch is your actual version and have you custom modification ?
          how many users ?
          I am looking at starting again with an empty DB on the latest version, assuming no modifications.

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          When you say Cloud Hosted, I assume you wanted EspoCRM to host it for you.
          Yes, this is what I am thinking.

My problem is that I am in the start-up phase of a new business and my adviser is suggesting I choose the free tier of any cloud hosted solution so there is one less thing to manage when scaling-up the business. I totally agree with his reasoning but I try to use open-source solutions wherever possible. So, if there is a migration route I can, at least, say there won't be a process that involves the manual re-entry of data.
          Last edited by 3XE; 06-02-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

You can migrate from self-hosted version to EspoCRM Cloud at any time, only if you do not have any development (code) customization. All customization made through the administrator panel is accepted. To start the migration process, contact support team, https://www.espocrm.com/support/.
            Job Offers and Requests

Comment

If you starting fresh I suggest to just go with a new installation. How big are you thinking of scaling here? Scaling power and speed depend on your server environment, as for scaling the EspoCRM feature and efficiency then it more about the design and your customization.

If you already have access to a server (eg. your website or your email provider), chances are they might be able to host a EspoCRM version (if they got Softacious then it even easier). Of course if you don't have any experience then it might take a while to learn but there is fairly plenty of tutorial out there to refer to (regarding hosting in general). Do you have anything call CPanel? or File Manager on your server? Are you self-hosting? e.g. A computer at work/home.

If you are a startup, it also depend on how much time you have in developing and learning the system, you can't spend all the time improving and fixing and learning. But now it come down to budget, do you have money spend freely?

EspoCRM Cloud is good as you can skip a couple of the step, but I'm not sure how restrict they are in term of modification. Find out with them I suppose.

Currently we host ours on a Shared Hosting server (cheaper than a VPS and easier to manage as a 1% programmer knowledge person). Along with that we host our website, a few other "fun" tools and our email.

Comment

Working...
              X