Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MYSQL Error upgrading 5.8.5 to 5.9.1 (Field too long in Portal table)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSQL Error upgrading 5.8.5 to 5.9.1 (Field too long in Portal table)

<Solved>

Hello, anyone an idea which field (is it layout_set_id?) is causing this and how to solve?

: Espo\Core\Application->run() #23 {main} Next Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE `portal` ADD `layout_set_id` VARCHAR(24) DEFAULT NULL COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci': SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs in
    XXX/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php:91 Stack trace: #0
    XXX/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(702): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuring Query(Object(PDOException), 'ALTER TABLE `po...', Array) #1 XXX/application/Espo/Core/Utils/Database/Schema/Schema.php(202): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE `po...')
    Last edited by Bill; 05-24-2020, 06:53 AM.

Hi Bill,
    Do you have access to your DB? Could you try to manually add this field into DB? Please open DB and add this field with parameters as on screenshot. After, try to upgrade your instance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you went with CLI method of GUI method? GUI method failed for me but CLI SSH worked.

My only suggestion is: Could you try looking at that Row 1118? See what it in that and see if you can reduce it length or temporary delete (backup) it then upgrade and see if you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        Hi Bill,
        Do you have access to your DB? Could you try to manually add this field into DB? Please open DB and add this field with parameters as on screenshot. After, try to upgrade your instance.
        Thanks for your help, tried to manually change it (with sequel pro), same error occurs... Strange, never have seen this behaviour. Tried to 'repair' the table, this give also no problems, and now while writing this line, I tried adding the field again and it works... (probably after repair it works...). Using Maria_DB by the way

Thanks, I am going to try to do the upgrade
        FYI, I have a second installation of Espo for testing, this one gives the same error... (different database, same server and Maria_DB)

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          Did you went with CLI method of GUI method? GUI method failed for me but CLI SSH worked.

My only suggestion is: Could you try looking at that Row 1118? See what it in that and see if you can reduce it length or temporary delete (backup) it then upgrade and see if you are successful.
          I mostly use GUI as this seems to work ok for us. Thanks for the suggestion, but I suppose 1118 is not the row, as the table is empty... (not using portal)

Comment

Did the same thing with the second instance (had the same error on the portal table), analyze, repair, and now also the update works...

Comment

Working...
            X