Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble importing data

Hi there,
    I just installed espo on my aws server and spent all day setting it up. Email is working fine however importation of my data is not working correctly. I have been using a commercial crm for the past 6 years and have downloaded the data in csv files. It is really strange because Sometimes it imports some of the leads (eg it imported 242 of 753 records for one list and 330 of 405 records,)and other times it imports nothing! I dont get it. I go through the same system ritual each time matching the data fields as best I can . Funnily enough I had espocrm installed on my ubuntu computer last week to test it , and the import worked perfect ,however I couldnt get the email working.. So not that I the system live on my amazon server, the problem is the opposite. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong would be be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
    please check an EspoCRM log file in the /data/logs directory. I assume that you got a Time Out error. 753 records it's a pretty big bunch of records. I suggest you to import in an 'Idle mode'. Please check the 'Execute in idle' box on the 'Step 1' page of the Import procedure before importing records. In this mode, the import will be executed by cron.
    Last edited by Maximus; 04-27-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

OK thank you Maximus. I will try that. In the meantime we have gotten a .php error which my tech guy is trying to solve. Basically ESPO is loading a blank page for us at the moment.I might open another post with the details ,if he hasnt solved it yet.

Comment

Im still having this problem importing data .The csv file is only 51kb and has 102 lines in the spreadsheet. However it says import complete at the end but it imports absolutely nothing. the console error is as follows: I used idle mode as stated above. It seems to disconnect .I used idle mode as suggested . Its seems to be disconencting in the middle of the import!

Comment

Could you provide this file (in a private message) and a screenshot of the Import Step 1 page with parameters that you are selecting for the import procedure either? I will check it.

Comment

yes of course. hang on a moment please

Comment

Hi, some troubleshooting tips.
              1) Find out if it EspoCRM error or CSV file error. Try importing a very basic file (for example: create some dummy data in your EspoCRM, export it, delete dummy data, import the data).
              2) Try cleaning your CSV file: delete most row, keep only 1-2 row (header and data) and try importing it.
              3) Try uploading your CSV file for other people to test (clean out all data and leave only 1 fake data). Test it see if error; upload to Forum or somewhere so people can download to 'debug' with you.

I remember I have an import issue previously too. Not sure where I type the solution (my solution for my troubleshoot).

EDIT: You may also want to check your PHP setting, might need to increase some of the Timeout timer to be higher.
              Last edited by espcrm; 12-16-2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                Another troubleshoot method is; where the data stop, try delete that row, perhaps deleting +-5 rows from the area spot too, see if it still stop there.
            Working...
            X