Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Command line update says "latest version" when it really isn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line update says "latest version" when it really isn't.

I did the terminal command-line update as I've done a million times before. In the past when it was done it would tell you that you either had another update waiting or you had the latest.

Today I did

xxxxx% php command.php upgrade
    Current version is 5.7.9.
    EspoCRM will be upgraded to version 5.7.10 now. Enter [Y] to continue.
    Y
    Downloading...
    Upgrading... This may take a while...
    Upgrade is complete. Current version is 5.7.10.
    You have the latest version.

----> You can see above it says 5.7.10 is latest... but 5.7.11 was out there and I had to do the update again:

xxxx@% php command.php upgrade
    Current version is 5.7.10.
    EspoCRM will be upgraded to version 5.7.11 now. Enter [Y] to continue.
    y
    Downloading...
    Upgrading... This may take a while...
    Upgrade is complete. Current version is 5.7.11.

Did you folks change the upgrade script?

Hello,
    I can't reproduce. It works good. Please take a look at the screenshot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I can't figure out why it didn't work for me. I've done that CLI update a zillion times and never had that issue. I have only one idea. I'm going to guess that the script 'calls home' to Espo to see what the most current version is and if it does not match what was just installed it puts up the "do this again" message. But what happens if the Espo server does not respond? Maybe the script just defaults to "you have latest version" even when you don't? Just a guess.

Comment

If the connection to the server is absent, it generates another error statement. Upgrade script downloads upgrade pack from one source, and compares with the latest version. The information about the latest version is stored in another place. Perhaps, when you compleated upgrade to the 5.7.10 version, the information about the latest 5.7.11 version not yet existed on the second source. 1 in a million chance.
        But this logical explanation is acceptable if you made upgrade before a week you made a post about this. Because the upgrade pack was uploaded on the server much earlier than your post.
        But if you faced this error 12-25-2019, it is weird. If someday you will encountered with this again, please make a post about this with the time and date of upgrade. We will investigate it deeper.

Comment

Thanks for the note. The error occurred only an hour or two BEFORE I made the post on 12-25-2019. Thus, the update was in the repository. (I should have posted a 'date' command like this:

% date
          Thu Jan 2 06:46:30 PST 2020

I will do that if it happens next time. Maybe you folks should code the 'date' command in the script to show the date in user's terminal? In all the years I've been using Espo this is the only issue I've ever had. It has never crashed or returned bad data... it has always been a solid application.

I'm hardly ever two versions behind but I have been before and did not get this kind of error.

(I wish Espo could pop up a 'header' message upon login saying "There is a new version available." That would be helpful. Normally I just go to the website and do a visual check on the Download page and if the versions are different I SSH into the server and enter the simple command.)

If this happens again I'll report back on this thread.

Thank you.

Comment

I asked you to tell us the time to compare the time of upgrade with the time we uploaded the new version. It is doesn't matter which kind of time format you choose. If you made a post in an hour before you encountered with this issue, it is weird. We will try to reproduce it.
            > Maybe you folks should code the 'date' command in the script to show the date in user's terminal?
            It is not necessary.
            > I wish Espo could pop up a 'header' message upon login saying "There is a new version available."
            Please, make a Feature request topic about this.

Comment

Yes, I took the error as posted above and about an hour later I got on to this site and made the posting about it.

Each time that I boot up Espo I first go to the "About" and see what version I have. I then click the link there to the Espo site, go to Downloads and see what the current version is. If they are different, I log out of Espo, Go into SSH via terminal and do the update command. Works great... much faster than the GUI update.

I usually log off of Espo before I do the terminal command. But maybe this time I didn't log off and perhaps that caused the script to tell me that I had the current version when indeed I didn't.

That is the only thing I can think of and to be honest, it makes no sense.

I looked at the script and it is very well written. Seems that one of the "if" statements doing a compare of versions got a 'yes, you have current' when it should have gotten a 'no, you don't have current, do it again.'

(BTW, your backup script is very well written to. I've spent the past 45 years as a programmer... now they call me a full-stack engineer... my bash and PHP is strong... my javascript is not so great!)

Espo is terrific. I tell everyone about it.

Comment

Working...
              X