Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems upgrading from 5.6.14 to 5.7.6

Hi,

I am having problems upgrading from 5.6.14 to 5.7.6. The MYSQL servers always terminates during the rebuild. I am using the CLI under SSH to perform the upgrade. The MYSQL Error is 2006 which states MYSQL Server has gone away. We have increased the the "max_allowed_packet" to 1024M and still get this error. I tried to upload the error log here but it would allow me. Please help.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    could you provide the error log description of this error to get more info about it?
    Try to increase the 'wait_timeout' parameter.

Comment

Hi,
      The log entry is so long that i could not attach it in the forum. I did a screen cap in parts and have attached them. When i run the rebuild.php on its own, there is no problem. The error occurs only when the rebuild is part of the upgrade.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Just for information. This upgrade adds a few DB indexes, that can take resources and time to build.

Comment

I have the same problem, but no one want to help me..

Comment

Hi Maximus and Yuri,

The "wait_timeout" is set at 28800 seconds which is about 8 hours! If you look at the query, its about 28k characters long! There is something seriously wrong with the upgrade. If the problem persist we may be stuck with version 5.6.14 for a long time. Please investigate the log attachment and help.

Comment

Please check MySQL error logs to get more information about this error. It should be a reason why your MySQL server has gone away.
              Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Hi Tarasm,

We have increased the max_allowed_packet to 1024M, wait_timeout to 28800 seconds and tested so many times. We still get the same problem. We found that a query in your rebuild during the upgrade is the problem. I have attached the logs earlier under post 104 above. We have also requested out cloud service provider to investigate. You need to you check log again and also the upgrade pack.

When i check the version is application it says version 5.6.14 (nothing change) but when i run cli upgrade again it says my version is already 5.7.6.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by murugappan; 11-03-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hi,

We worked with our hosting provider and we came up with the the following:

(1) The first time we run the upgrade cli, it fails. Then we run it again it works and the upgrade is done (see screencap1)
                  (2) We checked the MySQL error logs and found nothing when it failed the first time (see screencap2)

Appears to be the upgrade has errror in it. Please check and advise.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X