X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 403: Access denied - message when upgrading

Currently version: 5.5.1 PHP: 7.2.18
    Trying to upgrade to: 5.6.2
    via: EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.1-to-5.5.3, EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.3-to-5.5.4, EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.4-to-5.5.5, EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.5-to-5.5.6, EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.6-to-5.6.2

Espo is installed in a shared hosted environment. I can FTP and use CPanel. No CPanel shell and no CLI. This means I have to use the UI to upgrade.
    I also have no access to server logs, only Espo logs. Espo logs show nothing.

After I select the first upgrade file and click 'upload', "Error 403: Access denied" is displayed.

Permissions for directory data/upload are: type=dir;sizd=4096;modify=20190530072436;UNIX.mode =0777;UNIX.uid=1007;UNIX.gid=1007;unique=803g183c3 4; upload
    I changed config.php to:
    'defaultPermissions' => [
    'user' => 1007,
    'group' => 1007
    ],

I was able to use FTP to copy file ' EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.1-to-5.5.3.zip' to directory data/upload/upgrades.

Believe to have 2 options:

a. solve the 403 issue and run all upgrades via UI
    b. copy upgrade .zip file contents, via ftp, manually to the destination directories and, if needed, run database upgrade scripts manually.
    not sure this is feasible with Espo. In any case, I did not find .sql script files to run in the .zip files

Can anybody assist to either solve the 403 error or provide some guidelines how to do all upgrades manually?
    Thanks.

We are running Joomla in the same environment. Have attached Joomla systeminfo file that shows a lot of PHP setting values.
    Attached Files

Hello.

After you have changed the permissions in the config.php file the same error has stay? How this error is described in the EspoCRM error log?

Comment

No error in the error log.

Comment

I suggest you contact with your hosting support service, explain to them that you want to upgrade your CRM but you are getting the 403 error all time long. The support service should change the permission of the EspoCRM according to the documentation https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...-based-systems.
        You have changed the 'defaultPermissions' in the /data/config.php. This parameter should be appropriate to the owner that the support service will set.

Comment

Working...
        X