Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error while rebuilding database

Hello,

I have recently decided to upgrade my EspoCRM version and all went well until the last upgrade where I could not run the EspoCRM anymore.

As I saved everything before the upgrade I went back to the previous version installed and I now have all working again.
    However if I want to try a new upgrade I receive the error :ERROR 500 " Error while rebuilding database"

The details of the logs are attached.

Would someone have an idea how this can be fixed?

thanks in advance

Franck
    Attached Files

Hello Franck.
    Could you please tell from what Espo version you have tried to update. What php and mysql version do you use?

Comment

Hello Maximus,
      I started from 5.03 and upgraded step by step until the last version. I didn't notice any problem until the last upgrade: 5.4.5 tp 5.5.6.
      Since I was not able to run the application after this last update I went back to my backup version 5.03 and also have imported a previous saved Database.
      But now get this error mentioned in the topic.

I'm running PHP 7.3 (recently updated)
      and MySQL 5.5

I had a look to the permission on the config.php and only notice a user and group set to 5000, is this the normal setting?

Thanks for your support.

Franck

Comment

All files should be owned and group-owned by the webserver process. It can be “www-data”, “daemon”, “apache”, “www”, etc. Set up permission and change the owner according to this https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...-based-systems

Comment

Hello Maximus,
          All files are owned and group owned on a share host and seem to be correct. There is not particular error in the PHP log files, nor Apache. In Data/logs of the Espo there is:
          Display Error: Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details., Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Admin/rebuild [] []

I can not find the directory /api/v1/Admin/rebuild on our server to check the file... I have only /api/v1/

Any idea? Thanks
          Franck
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Franck; 03-26-2019, 03:54 PM. Reason: Attached error log

Comment

OK, it seems to be fixed by correcting the size of the table array_Value: ALTER TABLE array_value ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC.
            I will check if I can upgrade now.
            Franck

Comment

So with this error message in the log: Rebuild database fault: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.
              We have correct the table array_Value and it has fixed the issue.
              I was able to upgrade up to 5.4.5.
              I didn't want to upgrade further as this cause my first issue. I will read all the post first to make sure I know everything before moving to 5.6.0

Post can be closed.

Regards,
              Franck

Comment

Working...
              X