Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to MYSQL 5.7

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for the good job and wonderful software. The latest releases are great and we had no trouble upgrading.

We just migrated from PHP 5.6 to 7.2.14 without any problem so far. Now we need to migrate the MySQL from 5.6 to 5.7. We got a warning that we need to ensure that our apps are capable of handling Strict Mode which is enforced in MySQL version 5.7. The following is the message:

"MySQL enables "strict mode" by default as of version 5.7. Strict mode controls how MySQL handles invalid or missing values in data-change statements such as INSERT or UPDATE. Applications not built with strict mode enabled may cause undesired behavior; please verify applications using MySQL are compatible before upgrading. More information about strict mode is available here"

Appreciate if you could advise if ESPOCRM latest version 5.5.5 is capable of handling this and is it ok to migrate.

Thank you in advance.

Oh dear, not getting any help. My post had 12 views but no reply. Please help its urgent. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

There's no problem w/ strict mode. I don't even remember what it is. I'm not a superman that knows and remember everything. 5.7 is recommended version to use with EspoCRM.

P.S. Saturday and Sunday are not working days, I reply to you on my weekend instead of resting from work.
      Last edited by yuri; 02-02-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Yuri, you are superman - Espo is incredibly good. Kudos!

Comment

Yuri,

Please do not misunderstand. I am only seeking help. There was a urgency to upgrade. It would be better that i clarify this before upgrading than to upgrade and regret if problems surface. Everyone says their software works with php 5.6 and above but when we install and run the apps under 7.2, the software collapses. I am just avoiding this state with ESPOCRM. You would be surprised the various ways your software has been used by us. It is a great piece.

Thank you for the help and advise.

Comment

Working...
          X