Error 500 and Upgrade Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 500 and Upgrade Issues

Recently upgraded from 5.1.2 to 5.2.5 to 5.3.2. The upgrade was initially successful. Then I started getting 500 errors with permission denied messages, and was not even able to login.

I followed previously-used steps to correct the file and directory permissions. This got the system back up and running, but I am still getting error 500 "permission denied" messages in a just a few contexts.

Everything seems to be working fine except the following five areas:

1) cannot clear the cache from the administration page ("Error 500: Error while clearing cache.")

2) cannot rebuild backend and clear cache from administration page (same error)

3) cannot edit or save "before save custom script" formulas from the Entity Manager page ("Error 500: Error saving metadata. See log file for details.")

4) cannot save basic settings changes from the administration section ("Error 500: Cannot save settings.")

5) cannot upload the zip file for the 5.3.2 to 5.3.4 upgrade and get an error message (Permission denied for data/upload/upgrades/5b588f4a445f1z).

I have checked permissions for the data/upload/upgrades directory, subdirectories, and files and they look correct. Neither the Apache error log nor the EspoCRM log file shows any errors. Tons of errors were being logged initially when I was completely locked out, but after resetting the permissions, the log files have been completely clean. Most everything else seems to be working fine, except the admin functions noted above.

If this sheds any light on the subject, every time the lockout and permission issues have come up, it has been while trying to save an edit to a "before save custom script" formula on the Entity Manager page.
    Last edited by showard; 07-25-2018, 11:01 PM.

Problem solved. The issue was ownership and group ownership. I'm running on a bitnami stack, and have been running with "root" as owner and group. Bitnami documentation says ownership should be set to daemon. Made that change, and the permission issues have disappeared.

Comment

Working...
    X