Docker installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docker installation

I am working on a docker based installation for espocrm. Since the docker image is read-only, I have some questions on how I can update when a new version of espocrm becomes available:

* Can I just download the test latest source code zip file and replace the entire code instead of using the upgrade packs? I can skip replacement of the data/ custom/ dirs. From what I can tell, this is basically what the CLI upgrade.php does.

* When/where is the database migration for the new version done? Is this done as part of upgrade.php somehow? Can I do this separately from above step?

Thanks!

Hello
    in upgrade package you can find scripts folder. These scripts are important, if you want just replace files. Don't forget run Rebuild in Administration, when you replaced files

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello
      in upgrade package you can find scripts folder. These scripts are important, if you want just replace files. Don't forget run Rebuild in Administration, when you replaced files
      Ah ok, I see that there are two scripts BeforeUpgrade and AfterUpgrade. Can I run BeforeUpgrade.php with the new code base or does it have to be run with the old code base only?

What I am asking is, can I do:
      1. Copy over all files of a new EspoCRM version
      2. Run BeforeUpgrade.php
      3. Run AfterUpgrade.php

Or does it have to be:
      1. Run BeforeUpgrade.php
      2. Copy over all files of a new EspoCRM version
      3. Run AfterUpgrade.php

If it's the second approach, I have to figure out how to make it work in a readonly Docker environment.

Thanks!

Comment

1. Rebuild
        2. Run BeforeUpgrade.php
        3. Copy over all files of a new EspoCRM version
        4. Run AfterUpgrade.php

Comment

This is something I am also going to try but what about the database? Girish can you give more detailed instructions for a Docker noob?

TIA

Comment

Working...
          X