Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scheduled jobs, cron.php, crontabs. . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduled jobs, cron.php, crontabs. . . .

Installed and upgraded to 5.0.5. Everything seems to be running well except for scheduled jobs (including receiving email). The scheduled jobs page shows the following notice:

Note: Add this line to the crontab file to run Espo Scheduled Jobs:
    * * * * * cd /opt/bitnami/apps/espocrm/htdocs; /bitnami/lampstack-linux-x64/output/php/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

I am using PuTTY to setup the crontab, but can't get it to run automatically. If I change the directory and manually enter "php cron.php" then the script runs and Espo sends out the notices, retrieves emails, etc. as it should. But I can't get the crontab to run the script automatically.

I have found various versions of the what the syntax should be in the crontab on various espocrm and bitnami pages (for example - http://www.espocrm.com/blog/server-c...n-for-espocrm/ shows something different from what is given on https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...configuration/). I've tried several syntax variations and can't get any of them to run automatically. The most recent attempt is "* * * * * cd /opt/bitnami/apps/espocrm/htdocs; /opt/bitnami/apps/espocrm/htdocs/php -f cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1"

I am doing this under a "root" user, on a bitnami install on a 1and1 Unix cloud server if that helps. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by showard; 02-21-2018, 06:27 AM.

Found the answer to my own question. The Bitnami stack is set up just a little differently on 1and1. The line of code that the system tells you to add to the crontab file will not work. But the following link from Bitnami provides a line of code that does work. The only change necessary from what the Bitnami page says is that the crontab should be edited as user "root". Other than that, add the line of code exactly as written and the cron.php will start running automatically like clockwork. Here is the link -

Comment

Working...
    X